D.C. Area Babies
Options

Nanny/Nanny-Share Average Costs?

Trying to figure out some things, but am not sure about the average cost of FT Nanny, PT Nanny, vs. Nanny share in this area.  Any information you can share about your situation and how you found your nanny would be very helpful. TY!

Re: Nanny/Nanny-Share Average Costs?

• Options

Lots of good nanny info can be found on the forums of this website:

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/forums/list.page

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

I am doing a short-term consulting project working 24 hours a week and I pay a part-time nanny $20/hour to care for my two kids.  I found her on sittercity.com and really lucked out because she is awesome!  She does all kinds of craft projects with the kids and they bake cookies and such.   

Oh, and just as an FYI, my sister-in-law pays $19/hour for a part time nanny her 5 month old son. 

HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I second the recommendation to visit the DCUM forum; it's a lot of information. Just be aware of potentially snarky people.

We are in a nanny share (that's coming to an end this week! Crying); the nanny makes $825/week divided between the two families. She pays her own taxes, but we will have to pay half of her social security and medicare (by law, employers split this cost with employees, unless you just pay the whole thing). We also pay a quarterly VA unemployment tax that comes to about $150/quarter.

Good  luck!

• Options
    I have been a nanny for 8 years. Ive made anywhere between 8$-15$ an hour. It depends on how many children there are and what ages they are. Theres alot of great nanny websites out there. i highly recommend nannies4hire.com. theres also sittercity.com and care.com. GL in your search!
  • Options
    We paid about $12/hour for our nanny-share, and then $15/hour for our private nanny (for one child).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"