D.C. Area Babies

Ob/Gyn recommendations

I was released from Shady Grove 5 weeks ago. I made an appointment with Dr. Salgado at Physicians for Women in Alexandria. My appointment was yesterday and my experience was absolutely horrendous. I do not plan to go back to that practice.

I'm 12 weeks and looking for a doctor/practice in the Alexandria area. My hospital preferences are for Alexandria, Fairfax, or Arlington. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ob/Gyn recommendations

• I go to the Fairfax office of Capital Women's Care, but I believe they have an Alexandria office and the doctors switch between the various offices.  My regular OB/GYN is Dr. Tran, who I really like.  I've been going to her for about five years now.  I've been through several of the other doctors, since they want you to meet all of the other doctors during your pregnancy, and I haven't had any negative experiences.  In fact, I would also recommend Dr. Hou.  He is so nice and helpful!

I know they deliver at Fairfax Inova, but not sure what other hospitals they might use.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelulu8109:

I go to the Fairfax office of Capital Women's Care, but I believe they have an Alexandria office and the doctors switch between the various offices.  My regular OB/GYN is Dr. Tran, who I really like.  I've been going to her for about five years now.  I've been through several of the other doctors, since they want you to meet all of the other doctors during your pregnancy, and I haven't had any negative experiences.  In fact, I would also recommend Dr. Hou.  He is so nice and helpful!

I know they deliver at Fairfax Inova, but not sure what other hospitals they might use.

I also go to the Alexandria office of Cap. Women's Care. Love all the dr's there, including Dr. Tran and Dr. Hou. I was on bedrest for 4 weeks at Inova Fairfax and someone from that office would come by at least once a day during rounds, so I got to know all the dr's very well. Dr. Stas delivered my twins, so she was great. Dr. Hou freed me from bedrest at the hospital, also great. Dr. Kusic was my main dr. and he answered all my late night calls, and even met me at the hospital on Memorial Day when I was sick with a kidney infection when he could have let the dr. on call treat me. Love all those doctors!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the replies! I'm looking into making an appointment. Dr. Wolf in Annandale was also recommended to me. Anyone have any experience with that practice?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekafunder:
    imagelulu8109:

I go to the Fairfax office of Capital Women's Care, but I believe they have an Alexandria office and the doctors switch between the various offices.  My regular OB/GYN is Dr. Tran, who I really like.  I've been going to her for about five years now.  I've been through several of the other doctors, since they want you to meet all of the other doctors during your pregnancy, and I haven't had any negative experiences.  In fact, I would also recommend Dr. Hou.  He is so nice and helpful!

I also go to the Alexandria office of Cap. Women's Care. Love all the dr's there, including Dr. Tran and Dr. Hou. I was on bedrest for 4 weeks at Inova Fairfax and someone from that office would come by at least once a day during rounds, so I got to know all the dr's very well. Dr. Stas delivered my twins, so she was great. Dr. Hou freed me from bedrest at the hospital, also great. Dr. Kusic was my main dr. and he answered all my late night calls, and even met me at the hospital on Memorial Day when I was sick with a kidney infection when he could have let the dr. on call treat me. Love all those doctors!

Another vote for this office!  Dr. Kusic delivered both of my girls and I would not have had it any other way.  He's the best!  I was also pleased with the other doctor's in the practice.  They're great!

• imageohamtobe:
    imagekafunder:
    imagelulu8109:

Another vote for this office!  Dr. Kusic delivered both of my girls and I would not have had it any other way.  He's the best!  I was also pleased with the other doctor's in the practice.  They're great!

Another vote for them.  They are all amazing.  Each very different, but all AMAZING.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"