Maryland Babies
Options

Some info for the newbies, PIPs, Sorting by most recently active posts, Checking Private Messages

It took me forever to figure out how to do some stuff around here, so in an effort to aid some of the newbies here is a list of stuff I wish I had known how to do when I started posting...

Putting a Picture in a Post (PIP): (One caveat, the picture must already be posted on the internet.) 

In the bar above the box that you type your comment in there is an image of a little tree. 

Click the tree and a tool pops up where you can enter the information for the location of the picture.  

Paste the address into the "Image URL" line of the tool. 

To resize a picture click in the "dimension" box.  The current size of the picture will be autofilled into the box, but you can manually change the size.

To find the location of your picture:

Right click the picture you want to post. 

Click on properties. 

Right click to copy the address. 

Sorting the list of Posts by Last Post Date:

The Knot/Nest/Bump default is to sort posts be the Original Post Date.  However, when trying to keep up with discussions it is actually easier to have posts sorted so that the most recently commented on posts are at the top of the list.

To resort the list:

When looking at the page where all the current posts are listed scroll to the bottom of the page.  There will be a section that says, "Viewing Preferences."

You will see, Sort (drop box) in (Drop box) order.

The Default setting is Sort Original Post Date in Descending Order.  Change the settings to Sort Last Post Date in Descending Order. 

This will resort the list to bring the active posts to the top of the list.

Checking Private Messages:

On the lefthand side of the screen there is a list of message boards to choose from.  (This is the quick Navagation bar.)  At the end of the list of boards you'll see in blue, "My Blog," "My Photos" and then "My Boards." 

Under the "My Boards" heading the first choice is "Check Private Messages." Click the link and it will take you to your message center.

Please note that it is a known issue that the REPLY button DOES NOT WORK!  If you want to respond to a private message someone sends you, in the bottom right hand corner of the message, there is a button that says, "Quick Reply."  You must use Quick Reply or send the person a new message.

Sending a Private Message:

You have to find a post or reply from the person you want to message.  Once you find the person look at the bottom of their message.  It will says in blue: reply, quote, contact.

Click on Contact.

A list of 3 items will pop up.  The first choice is "Send (username) a Private Message."  Click on this item.

Other things to note:

"The Spreadsheet."  This started out as a joke when a bunch of people got pregnant around the same time.  People would say, oh we need a speardsheet to keep trackl of everyone."  Then one kind nestie actually made a list of all the pregnant ladies and updated it as those ladies had their babies.  It is called the Baltimore Nest PG list.  and can be found here: https://bmorenestiespg.blogspot.com/

It hasn't been updated since Rags had her baby, but periodically the owner will ask if anyone wants to be added.  Or you can post on the Nest and asked to be added.  The list was created and has been periodically updated by Kaybee. 

(**Thanks JCSNTMS for letting me know the correct Nestie to attribute the list too!)

That's all I can think of for now, other ladies feel free to chime in with helpful info! 

And, Welcome to the Baltimore Babies.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Some info for the newbies, PIPs, Sorting by most recently active posts, Checking Private Messages

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"