Baby Showers

Baby Clothes Clothesline

I'm planning my sister's baby shower and I have been buying holiday/seasonal clothes to hang up on a clothesline as sort of a "first-year timeline."  Now I'm just wondering how to actually set-up the clothesline since we're having the shower in a restaurant.  For those of you that have done this or seen it, should I be using an actual clothesline rope, or did you use some other type of string?  I'm afraid of it being too heavy to tie the ends onto something.  Also, I'm wondering where to tie the rope onto.  I know it depends of the set-up of the restaurant and unfortunately my mom booked the place and I live out-of-town.  Is there a typical place people set up the clothesline or any tricks you know of to setting this up?  I was so excited when I first thought of this idea and just ran with it, but now I'm worried about actually implementing it :)  I would appreciate any suggestions!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby Clothes Clothesline

• I'd call the restaurant and see what they have to say about it. 
  • I agree with the above pp...call the restaurant and ask if it can even be possible.  Since you have already started buying the clothing you could always do a 'graduated' type gift...one box leads to another, etc., if you can't hang a clothesline.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, if the restaurant lets you, go to AC Moore or one of thos places, and get some cute baby patterned ribbon. Some dollar stores even have it. Definitely cuter than regular old rope and the guest of honor can keep it :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have this set up for situations like you are talking about....a lot of times the restaurant doesn't realy have a suitable place to hang something.
    I have two buckets filled with plaster of paris to stand wooden dowels up in. I have eyelet hooks at the top of each dowel.

Just use what you have on hand like twine. NO one will notice or care what you use. Twine is study and will not sag as much.

• Thank you for the suggestions!  I appreciate the photo-- it's a great idea for a Plan B if I can't hang it in the restaurant. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My friends did this at my shower- they used some rafia-like rope and tied it to the banister of the stairs.  Since you're going with the holiday theme, maybe you could find some nice seasonal ribbon or garland? 

As pp suggested, I'd call the restaurant to find out if they have any fixtures that would work well....one thought would be that they usually have hanging light fixtures- maybe you could hand from one fixture to the other?

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Worst case - you could always attach it to the front of a long table (gift table, cake table etc...) or hang it against a wall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"