Special Needs

** snowiebride****

Hi

This is the day that my son was dx as well.  March 9th 2010.  The day it became a reality.  I still cry about it but not as often now.  I am now ok with this.  This is our life now.  This is my son and he is unique, special and has ASD.  He needs someone to look after him and do what is best for him.  My husband and I are now trying to do anything we can and use all the resources there are  to do help our DS.  Its very hard reality to get use to and to know that there is something wrong with my child.  It gets better.  Take one day at a time!  My husband has to remind me everyday, take 1 day at a time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: ** snowiebride****

• hi -- thanks so much.

so march 9, 2010 will forever be etched in both our brains - for the same reason. 

And your son's name is brayden?   mine is brady :)

So  true - one day at a time.  Its actually when I start thinking about things way off in the future when I become overwhelmed and I want to just curl up and cry.  

Its crazy because after last week I felt like an emotional wreck - and then brady will do something - that just connects with me - and I feel better.

But I think I need to start stepping it up so I am exploring all these things, trying to educate myself - I want to do whatever I can to make his life better.   Like all moms feel I am sure :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"