TTC after 35

BFN at 15 DPIUI :-(

AF hasn't shown up yet but I just tested with an ept digital and got a BFN.  Yes, I know there's some tiny chance of it turning positive, it's not over til AF arrives, etc.  But that never happens for me.  I'm really upset -- burst into tears on the phone with DH when the words popped up and have been crying ever since.

I hope no one on here will be offended when I say I think I'm going to try to take a break from the message boards for a while; I love the support on here but I think it's actually making me more obsessive rather than less.  Maybe I'm wrong and I'll be back tomorrow (so don't hold me to this), but don't be surprised if you don't see me, either.  Good luck to everyone, whether you're in the 2ww or getting ready to start another one!

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 

Re: BFN at 15 DPIUI :-(

• I have taken a break many times for months at a time, it actually helped the time go faster but lately have needed extra boosting and get lonely cause everyone I know is pg and not even really trying.  We will miss you and come back when your ready, I don't think anyone would be offended we have all had our moments.  ((HUGS))
  • I think it's healthy to take a break from all of it every once in a while. I think too, you went though major surgery (thyroidectomy) just 4 months ago. I bet your body is still trying to regulate itself. The best thing you can do is foucs on you and your DH and NOT obsess about this. Big, Big HUGS to you. It will happen!!
  • Loading the player...
  • LH- Sorry to hear about your BFN.  Take care of yourself. I wish I had more encouraging words.  Come back when you feel up to it :-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I'm so sorry.  I don't think anyone will be offended that you need to take a break.  If that's what you feel you need, then that's what you should do.  Take care of yourself and come back when you're ready.
  • I am very very sorry =(  Taking a break is often a great thing and can help you find your balance again.  I have often taken weeks off and always feel refreshed when I come back.  GL to you, and if we "see" you tomorrow, we will be happy you are here!  Take care of yourself =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im so sorry! A break may help and we'll be here when you're ready to come back.
  • I'm so sorry for the BFN! Sending you lots of hugs. Take the time you need. You know you are welcome here any time, whether its tomorrow, next week or next month. Take care of you first!

• I'm so sorry {big hugs} Take all the time you need.
  • So sorry to hear this :( 
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • {{hugs}}  I've took a long break from the board this summer.  It felt right and healthy.  I was welcomed back with open arms.

Do whatever you need to get through this. 

• I'm so sorry. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"