3rd Trimester

Tremors or shaking in the womb

Anyone experience this?  I'm in the beginning stages of my third trimester and have experienced the baby shake/shudder/tremor for a few seconds every so often in my womb.   

The baby moves constantly, heartbeat and other pregnancy related issues are perfect.  Any advice to give me peace of mind is appreciated! 

Re: Tremors or shaking in the womb

• It's just their startle reflex kicking in. Nothing to worry about.
  • I actually just asked my doctor at my appointment on Saturday what that would be because my LO does it and she said it's most likely hiccups.  There was a post earlier this summer on this and there were many other women placing the same concerns and their doctors were suggesting the same thing.  Hope that helps but as long as your baby is staying active and the heartbeat is fine, try not to work yourself up about things.:)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageduncanpowers:
    It's just their startle reflex kicking in. Nothing to worry about.

I have this mental image of him jumping around going "what in the----what----WTF was that?!?" Babies and the startle reflex make me laugh.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Happens to me, too. It's normal. They're spazzy little guys. My doctor said it freaked him and his wife out the first time, too!
  • I have been feeling that too over the last week or two.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I just asked my doctor about this today. She said it's just like when you startle a newborn. Their nervous system is finalizing, and she said "can you imagine being slapped in the face with your own umbilical cord? You'd be scared too" lol
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • As long as you still feel normal mvmt as well there is nothing to be concerned about. My LO does it too from time to time. Sometimes it's because she has the hiccups, sometimes it's just once really hard and then it's over.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• I call them "bellyquakes"... lol. they're normal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"