Baby Showers

How not to write thank you cards.

Okay, so this obviously common sense but I thought you all might get a kick out of it.

We had a shower last week for one of my co-workers who is expecting next month.  She waltzes in this morning and hands a thank you card to one of the ladies who works beside me.  Seven of us went in together on a PNP for her.  Miss thang then proceeds to say, "I don't even know what it says, I didn't write it."

Lovely.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
Matthew Kevin
7/31/83-7/20/11 image
Met 1/8/00
Engaged 4/21/06
Married 9/29/07
Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
Day Three

Re: How not to write thank you cards.

• imageAutumnBride929:

Miss thang then proceeds to say, "I don't even know what it says, I didn't write it."

w-o-w.  I'd love to say I'm surprised that someone would be so rude, but I'm not, actually.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I thought you were just going to say she wrote one card for all 7 of you that went in with the gift and then I keep reading and W0W is right pp. 

I'm shocked she would share the information that she didn't even write it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Indifferent I'll admit that SO is a much better writer than I am (and enjoys it more) therefore he will probably write our than you cards, but I'll read them before signing them and NEVER tell anyone "Your gift meant so much to me, I didn't even bother writing your that you card"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Classy, huh! lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow...WTF? Who wrote it then?
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • imageAimeeL85:
    Wow...WTF? Who wrote it then?

It definitely wasn't her husband.  She said who but I don't know what the relation was... friend, sister, mom, etc.  I'm not sure.  All I know is that it was a girl, lol.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Wow, classy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageAlwaysMrsS:
    Indifferent I'll admit that SO is a much better writer than I am (and enjoys it more) therefore he will probably write our than you cards, but I'll read them before signing them and NEVER tell anyone "Your gift meant so much to me, I didn't even bother writing your that you card"

imo, husband/SO writing the card is totally acceptable.  No more or less acceptable than your writing it would be - the gift is for HIS baby too.

I'm with you though - if DH wrote the cards (he would never, but in dreamland, if he did) I would be sure to read them and sign them myself.

Then again, when I write the cards, DH doesn't even know about it - never mind read them or sign his own name.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• wow... did she throw the shower for herself too?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"