Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What brand formula do you prefer?

Thinking of weaning my BF LO, and would love to know what your choice brand is?

TIA! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Hello?

Re: What brand formula do you prefer?

• Options
    Good Start

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I wish I could use what I prefer, but LO is on Similac Alimentum (cha-ching!) I've heard nothing but good things about Gerber Good Start though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Members Mark Gentle.  It is the Sams Club version of Enfamil Gentle Ease, and only $19.95 for a 48oz tub. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here's my suggestion.  If he hasn't ever had formula, don't bother starting out with something brand name.  Target, BJs or Costco is just as good and MUCH cheaper.  If you start him on one of those right off, you won't have to deal with switching him later when you realize how much money you could be saving :-p
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

imageelmoali:
    Here's my suggestion.  If he hasn't ever had formula, don't bother starting out with something brand name.  Target, BJs or Costco is just as good and MUCH cheaper.  If you start him on one of those right off, you won't have to deal with switching him later when you realize how much money you could be saving :-p

very smart. wish we had done that. DD is on Good Start though. we like it and she's done well on it.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

imageelmoali:

I agree!  I started DS on Similac and switched to Up&Up (target).  The switch was difficult- about a week of a fussy baby- but now he does great on it.  I definately wish I had started right away with it when I finished BF'ing!  It is considerably cheaper even with the "sensitive stomach" formula that we get.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Enfamil...but we didn't pick the brand just because that's the brand we like. DD was on regular Similac Advanced and not doing well. We switched to Enfamil Gentlease because it has partially broken down proteins and reduced lactose (where as the Similac sensitive just had reduced lactose). I like the idea from the PP about using a generic. The Up & Up Target brand formulas usually say on them, "compare to Similac Advanced", "compare to Enfamil Gentlease," etc...
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Similac Sensitive
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"