TTC after 35

I hate the acronyms! You with me?

Honestly. I don't understand why we need all these confusing acronyms! I'd like to just read a post and not have to guess what the heck you're talking about. So, if you are with me on this and would like to talk normally, without all the guess work, then please walk with me.

Re: I hate the acronyms! You with me?

• starfinder, I don't like them much either, but I think you'll find that most people use them as shorthand.  There's a glossary under "Bump Board Glossary" on the left of the page under the heading "My Boards" on the left-hand side of the page--scroll down to find it.
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Welcome...however I think you will find that the acronyms are very useful as time goes on. I know it is a pain when you first start to post because you have no idea what people are talking about......there is a glossary .....left column at the end.....

GL

TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
    Fibroid removal Nov2010
    IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
    IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
    IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
    IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
    Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
    IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
    IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
    surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sooooo with you. I'm new to the boards and it sort of makes you feel like an idiot for not knowing every term and phrase. And I feel like I'm translating another language sometimes reading posts.

Agree agree agree!

• I'm still learning the ropes, as well.  I'm familiar with some of the acronyms, but many leave me puzzled (I guess it's time to check the glossary).

On an unrelated note, I know it's squeamish of me, but I feel a little queasy when people report about their "cm"!  Egg-white cervical mucus, "lotiony" cervical mucus...TMI ?

• it's pretty easy to pick up if you spend a little time lurking.  much easier to type out if you kwim ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh good! I was beginning to think I was the only one! 
  • imagesassy1:

On an unrelated note, I know it's squeamish of me, but I feel a little queasy when people report about their "cm"!  Egg-white cervical mucus, "lotiony" cervical mucus...TMI ?

omg right??! is that really necessary! why do they do that?? 

• imagejreid1011:

I'm sooooo with you. I'm new to the boards and it sort of makes you feel like an idiot for not knowing every term and phrase. And I feel like I'm translating another language sometimes reading posts.

Agree agree agree!

I mean really...DH means Dear Husband, and DD Dear Daughter???? come on. He's your hub and your daughter, or son. I think it's harder to type the acronyms since you have to stop, hold the shift key, remember the acronym or go look it up. Jeez Louise! or should I put JL.  haha!

• imagelhcooper:
    starfinder, I don't like them much either, but I think you'll find that most people use them as shorthand.  There's a glossary under "Bump Board Glossary" on the left of the page under the heading "My Boards" on the left-hand side of the page--scroll down to find it.

This.

• I felt the same way when I started and then after awhile got the hang of it. Now IRL (in real life) I literally will think AF or BD, whatever the acronym is and just chuckle to myself because its become so integrated.

As for discussing CM, there are a lot of things that will be WAY more quesey once you are a mom than just CM. Also its a great fertility indicator, so if you are asking for others advice or input, its necessary sometimes to be detailed. Although I do think some can take it too far.

In any event, welcome to the board. Its great to see so many newbies!

• imagestever:
    imagelhcooper:
    starfinder, I don't like them much either, but I think you'll find that most people use them as shorthand.  There's a glossary under "Bump Board Glossary" on the left of the page under the heading "My Boards" on the left-hand side of the page--scroll down to find it.

This.

I don't get it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"