D.C. Area Babies

Time change?

I heard this weekend that I'm supposed to start "training" DS for the time change? Anyone have information on this?  What did you do, if anything?  How far in advance did you start working on it?  Thanks.

Re: Time change?

• Ohhh, I was going to ask this too. I can't figure out if we're supposed to start putting him to bed a little earlier or a little later. Luckily (knock on wood), C's been waking up later and later these days so it might even out. Last year when he was 2ish months it wreaked havoc on his sleep.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've been meaning to ask about this as well.

The time change RUINED. OUR. LIVES. last year Crying

(okay, perhaps I'm being a tad dramatic...but it sucked.)

• Loading the player...
  • Lalalalala I'm not thinking about this lalalala <covers ears with hands>.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Thanks for asking...I was going to ask this as well!
  • So far I have only gone through one rough time change for each kid so hopefully if you have already had a bad time change that will be the only one.  Molly is old enough now that a one hour difference in bedtime is not going to wreck her.I am just going to take a day or two and start putting her to bed a little later.  So the day before the time change she goes to bed at 7:30 instead of 6:45 so then next night when it is 6:30 it will feel like 7:30 to her and she will be ready for bed (please tell me that makes sense?)

I don't know that I can do much about the wake up though.  She is usually content in her crib by herself to play for a little bit so I don't know exactly when she wakes up unless she makes some noise.

• I adjust bedtime by 10 mins a day in preparation and hope for the best. Time changes SUCK with LOs.
  • I just asked the googles for advice  Smile and here is what I found:

Assuming a 7pm bedtime:

Day Routine during the day Bedtime
     Wednesday Usual sleep & feed times   7.00pm
     Thursday Sleep & feed times 15 mins later, (eg first feed at 7.15am not 7am). 7.15pm
     Friday

Sleep & feed times 30 mins later (eg first feed at 7.30am not 7am).

7.30pm
     Saturday Sleep& feed times 45 mins later (eg first feed at 7.45am not 7am). 7.45pm
     Sunday

Wake your child at 7am (new time), then your usual routine times for feeds & sleeps.

7.00pm (new time)

• If your baby or toddler wants to sleep in a bit later (after you start adjusting their bedtime, then allow this.
    • Try and adjust the routine from the first feed of the day by 15 mins each day. if your baby can't last first thing in the morning, just try to make the routine adjustments as the day goes on.

• Put your clock back on Saturday night before you go to bed.
    • Check your smoke alarms at the same times.

https://www.thesleepstore.co.nz/Sleep+Information/Babies+4+to+12+months/Adjusting+to++from+Daylight+Saving+Time.html

(pp was definitely on the right track with making the bedtime later in preparation)

• FYI -  The time change doesn't happen until the first Sunday of November -- Nov 7th.

https://tinyurl.com/cotu8k

• Oh no, I didn't realize this would be an issue!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagegtown_bride:
    Oh no, I didn't realize this would be an issue!

Is he STTN yet?  Maggie was born in August too and the first time change didn't really affect us much since she was still on a round the clock schedule.

• imagetomandcourt:
    Lalalalala I'm not thinking about this lalalala <covers ears with hands>.

This, completely. Every time I think we've got this sleep thing down...

And thanks to the poster who said not until 11/7...otherwise it would have been a long almost 2 weeks for us, I thought it was this weekend!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I may take these words back in 2 weeks, but the time change has never been a big issue for either of my LOs...though I would say that I think the change in the spring is harder because it is lighter later and harder to get the kids settled down in the evening.  Fingers crossed it's not a mess for you and your LO!
  • imagebh2720:

I just asked the googles for advice  Smile and here is what I found:

Assuming a 7pm bedtime:

Day Routine during the day Bedtime
     Wednesday Usual sleep & feed times   7.00pm
     Thursday Sleep & feed times 15 mins later, (eg first feed at 7.15am not 7am). 7.15pm
     Friday

Sleep & feed times 30 mins later (eg first feed at 7.30am not 7am).

7.30pm
     Saturday Sleep& feed times 45 mins later (eg first feed at 7.45am not 7am). 7.45pm
     Sunday

Wake your child at 7am (new time), then your usual routine times for feeds & sleeps.

7.00pm (new time)

• If your baby or toddler wants to sleep in a bit later (after you start adjusting their bedtime, then allow this.
    • Try and adjust the routine from the first feed of the day by 15 mins each day. if your baby can't last first thing in the morning, just try to make the routine adjustments as the day goes on.

• Put your clock back on Saturday night before you go to bed.
    • Check your smoke alarms at the same times.

https://www.thesleepstore.co.nz/Sleep+Information/Babies+4+to+12+months/Adjusting+to++from+Daylight+Saving+Time.html

(pp was definitely on the right track with making the bedtime later in preparation)

Thanks! I am totally bookmarking this - it's genius!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"