Multiples
Options

Emotionally exhausted :(

I am having a hard time lately. My trio just turned one and I guess I hoped that magically at one things would get easier. Obviously that is not the case, and I am feeling burnt out. I do have a great support system with my family, but it's the emotional drain of being a mom of triplets that I am struggling with. I constantly feel torn in three directions. I try my best with the three of them, but still feel like I am not giving each of them enough attention. Then there is DH - he gets barely any of my attention, and myself...well I'm at the bottom of the list.

I know that this is a part of raising multiples, but that doesn't make it any easier. I just feel like I am not being a good mom and because I am so exhausted (one of them is always up though out the night) I guess it makes things seem like they're worse than they really are. Thanks for "listening" I just needed to get that out.

Re: Emotionally exhausted :(

• Options
    I'm sorry your having a rough time.  I've also had times when I've felt like this.  My biggest problem is getting out of the house with them.  It is exhausting, so I feel like we stay in alot and we are all bored with the same day after day.  I think its only natural to feel torn into 3 directions.  I feel like that a lot, its not pleasant at all.  Hang in there!  HUGS!
  • Options

when i only had ONE child age 12mo-18mo i thought it was HARD - much harder than any point in the first year.... now that i've got two that age- i'll say it again.... this age is ROUGH.  It does get easier -age wise - closer to 2y/o when they understand more, listen more, can do more on their own, etc.... though, with 3 kids- nothing is ever "easy" :)

i've got 2 sick today - fighting over my lap.... and the 3rd is so bored and i feel horrible- but what can you do? I'm finding lots of new shows on demand for him today :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I have times when I feel like this too-and I only have the twins-so it must be really difficult for you. I am blaming my mood lately on the changing weather. It is so dreary here- and the prospect of winter coming and being more homebound is a bit depressing. Hope things look up for you. I am sure you are doing great with the trio. We all do the best we can.
  • Options
    My heart breaks for you because I could write the same post and it sucks, even though mine are only 7 months. I want to cry if i even think about it.  I feel like the kids suffer and to be honest i offten ask god why he gave us the triplets, i feel like we cannot do it and the kids are the ones who suffer due to lack of attention.  I also feel like we have "ruined" our DD's life.  She is not handleing things well and itis not getting better.   Just wanted to send hugs and if you ever want to vent/talk PM me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageSLM05:
    My heart breaks for you because I could write the same post and it sucks, even though mine are only 7 months. I want to cry if i even think about it.  I feel like the kids suffer and to be honest i offten ask god why he gave us the triplets, i feel like we cannot do it and the kids are the ones who suffer due to lack of attention.  I also feel like we have "ruined" our DD's life.  She is not handleing things well and itis not getting better.   Just wanted to send hugs and if you ever want to vent/talk PM me.

Ditto this!  I hope it gets better soon...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies. Just knowing I have others who can offer such support makes me feel better. You guys are great! :)
  • Options
    Ditto Goldie. That age is really rough!! Know that you're doing a terrific job, and that things will get better!! In the meantime, I hope they start sleeping better for you so you can at least look forward to bedtime. I know I look forward to naptime and bedtime so much, especially after a rough day. Hugs!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"