TTC after 35

temping & charting

Can someone give me a quick lesson on charting and temping?

Re: temping & charting

• You may want to try https://www.fertilityfriend.com/

They have several tutorials that are really helpful and it's free. You can also get the book Taking Charge of your Fertility for more information.

https://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Reproductive/dp/0060937645

HTH!

• Try getting Taking Charge of Your Fertility at your local library.  Read through it and then copy the pages you want to keep. Or try Overstock.com they have a lot of books and other things you might need Also try Amazon.com
  • Loading the player...
  • I started thinking and I guess my question wasn't really my question.  What I want to know is what is up with the temp???   I don't know what happens to our temp when?  For example, does it change when ovulating?  When you conceive???
  • Very quickly (Fertility Friend.com explains this and more in detail), the day after ovulation your temp jumps about .4 degrees (so you know the day after you ovulated that you ovulated the day before, which is why it's not great to use to predict ovulation, for which you should really use opk's).  If your temp stays elevated above your coverline (the base temp that Fertility Friend can help you figure out and that it actually will figure out for you) for 18 days after ovulation, there is a good chance you're pregnant.  The temp doesn't change when you conceive, but some people get an "implantation" dip in their temp between 6-12 days after ovulation.  But one has to chart for a couple of months to know how one's body really works, and medications and other things can definitely affect temperature.  Me, I sort of hate temping but others find it really useful (and I do it too, I just hate it).
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Thanks!  That is exactly what I was wanting to know.  I really appreciate it!!!  I'll check out Fertility Friend too. 

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!

• I used to temp too.  It can be a good exericise in understanding your body.  We TTCrs can get obsessive about it though!  It is useful to watch for that ovulation elevation and kind of fun to watch/hope for that extended high temp when test time comes.  But also a bummer to see it plummet just before AF.  You can learn a lot about your phases etc.  Definitely recommend FF Web site.  Good luck!

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Thanks also, I have been wanting to know this also.. And I will be checking out that website as well.. As I have to do charting and temping the next couple months per RE, I do not like it but if it will help me or get me one step closer to helping me its good I guess.. Thank you again.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since June 2009 All test came back normal Visited the RE 10/10-he put us on a 6 month charting break on our own 1st IUI+Clomid+Ovidrel+Progestrone = June 2011 BFN 2nd IUI+Clomid+Ovidrel+Progestrone = August 2011 BFN 3rd IUI+Clomid+Ovidrel+Progestrone = October 2011 BFP Beta #1 50 - progestrone 58 Beta #2 467
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"