Secondary IF

Lurker with a question about cd3 b/w

Hi! I'm Jackie and I've never posted on this board, so I hope it's okay I'm posting here to ask this question.

I came off the pill in November 2008. I had a 95 day cycle. I had bloodwork done which showed a FSH of 14 and LH of 7. My doctor said all of this indicated possible PCOS, we'd probably need some "help" getting pregnant and we'd follow up in a few months (we weren't actively TTC). Then I got pregnant with Ryan, which was a-mazing because we were not expecting it to be so easy!

Since Ryan I've had 1 period on my own (without it being withdrawal bleeding).  I had 2 periods from withdrawal bleeding because I was on the pill. I stopped taking it though because I hated the way it made me feel.

My one real period was after a 40 day cycle. I've only had one though. How do they do cd3 blood work if you don't get periods? My next annual appointment with my OB is in February. Should I ask about bloodwork?

My last bloodwork was with a different OB, if that makes a difference. We want to start trying in May.

Sorry for writing a novel, just looking for some advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lurker with a question about cd3 b/w

• if you don't get your period on your own, they will probably give you provera or something to start it and then you'll treat the 3rd day of bleeding as cd3.

i wouldn't worry about the bloodwork until you're ready to TTC. also, i was more comfortable with an RE for IF issues. my OB tried to give me clomid unmonitored.

• I don't have experience with periods like that, but my assumption would be they would give you provera to induce your period and then go from there.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When I first started at the RE in June (btw - I'm another that feels you should go with an Re for IF vs your regular OB) I had only had AF 2 or 3x this year.  He did an initial blood test to check levels, etc and gave me a script for provera.  Once I received the call from the nurse I was able to fill the script.  Af showed shortly after I finished up provera and we've been good to go since - even had AF arrive TWICE on its own w/o prompting which is a big deal considering i have PCOS.
  • I've never been on BCP, and I think that the provera that pps have mentioned would be the quickest way to bring on your period. However, I wanted to also suggest acupuncture. I had irregular cycles and saw an acupuncturist for 6 months prior to getting pg the 2nd time.  I used inj that cycle so it wasn't solely acupuncture that worked for me, but I definately had a "normal" cycle length after 6 months of treatment.  Maybe you mght want to look into that since you aren't ready to start ttc until May.

GL!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"