Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I'm such a bad mom

I secretly hope DS has separation anxiety next weekend.  We're going back to DH and I's hometown for a wedding and we have to visit the IL's while we're there.  They've seen him like 3 times since he was born, yet MIL feels she can call DH up and tell him what we're doing wrong and why DS is crying.  She also tells DS that "Your mommy is still learning to be a good mommy thats why you cry a lot".  No matter what I say to her she doesn't get it.  The chain smoke and we ask them to change before holding him and she "always forgets". I'm hoping he has an absolute meltdown the second they try to hold him so we have an excuse to leave.

I'm horrible.  Maybe more of a horrible DIL than a horrible mother.

Re: I'm such a bad mom

• Options

imagekatiemarie86:
    Nah, I've had thoughts along those lines too. I am glad I BF, it is my time away with DS with the IL's are around.

Me too! 

Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Options
    Wow! If my MIL made comments like that, I would consider it a license to act, think or say exactly what I was thinking right back. The smoking would bug me too! My in laws don't smoke but they do have pet monkeys which make their clothes reek and I can always smell it on my son after one of them has been holding him! Yuck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're not bad...  your MIL sounds super annoying, though.  I know how you feel, sometimes I secretly like it when DD has a meltdown while under my MIL's care, like if we're at her house visiting or something.  Then DH or I swoop in to save the day...  Angel
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    imagepaxilchyk:

imagekatiemarie86:
    Nah, I've had thoughts along those lines too. I am glad I BF, it is my time away with DS with the IL's are around.

Me too! 

Me three!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Eh, I wished for the same thing when we say MIL this weekend...and guess what? Gianna stuck out her pouty lip and cried!! haha, serves her right. Angry

And if my MIL said that to DD I'd have to serious words for her!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you're a bad mom bc if this I guess I'm guilty too!  I alway wish for something like this when we see the IL's.  I'm thankful I BF bc it always gives me an excuse to step out.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"