TTC after 35

Please respond if you are out there!

Hello everyone! I don't know how many of us there are out there, so I am hoping that many will respond to this post.

I am new to the boards and am searching for support and willing to give lots of support too! My hubby swears that we won't be the oldest couple at the daycare (if we EVER make it to the daycare) but sometimes I wonder.

Who all is out there thats 35+ and trying to conceive? I am! And I am going through my first IVF cycle which will be very aggressive I am told due to a low follicle count, hightened FSH level and male factor problems as well (so we are doing ICSI).

This is our first cycle and I am now on Lupron, Menopur, and Gonal-F. Shots, shots, shots!  Anyone else out there in this situation? I am only one day 2 and look forward to the shots because I am optimistic but if the bottom drops out I may not feel so enthused about it....I am due to get ER in early Nov if it doesn't have to be cancelled for some strange reason.

Anyone else on board?

Married to the Mr. 8/6/2008- Together 10+ TTC #2 R/X unexplained infertility/premature ovarian failure/diminished ovarian reserve
FSH (16) AMH (.61) AFC (9)
Male factor: low sperm count/ low motility
IVF #1 11/10 brought us DS Stimming for IVF #2 begin 11/5/11 AFC (7) =( Protocol: Lurpon flare (2 days) + Lupron 10ml/Menopur 4 vials (AM) Lupron 10ml/300IU Gonal-F PM (converted to IUI) failed IVF 2.1 1/12 BFP!

Re: Please respond if you are out there!

• I am here. I am 40 and you will not be the oldest couple at daycare. I am doing bloodwork tomorrow to find out if IUI worked. Crossing my fingers. Best luck to you and this board is fantastic.

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome, I think most of us are on the "old" side :)  Great group here, hope your stay is short!
  • Loading the player...
  • hi there and welcome.

i'll be 42 in march and dh just turned 51 ... and i don't think we are even the oldest on this board.

we are considering IVF ... so i like to hear experiences from a lot of different folks.

good luck.

• I am here. You will not be the oldest. DH and I have had two cancelled IVF cycles and are now trying for Donor eggs and adoption at the same time.

good luck to you

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Hi there... 42 going on 43. Getting ready for 2nd IVF cycle. You will find lots of support here! Good luck!
  • I'm 40 and I'm in the 2ww of an IVF cycle.  Everyone on here is 35+ (and many are 40+) .  You are not alone!  Good luck!

• I am here.  I'm 36 and DH is 37.  We decided that since our insurance will only cover testing for infertility and nothing once diagnosed with it that we are going to wait until my annual before we discuss anything with my doctor.  By then we will have been TTC for a little over a year.

This is a great board and a very supportive group of ladies.  Unlike on other boards I started on, I have not seen any nasty responses to posts on this board.  Just genuine understanding and support.  So, you are in a good place. 

Welcome and good luck. 

• Yup, I'm here too. I'm 35, DH is 45. We are in cycle #8. I'm  retesting my progesterone this month (last cycle was all wonky due to high stress and a late O date.) I also have all my cd3 tests (which I'm very nervous about) and an HSG coming up. Woo hoo!  LOL Just kidding though I will look forward to knowing where we are on the fertility scale and creating a plan if need be.

ETA: There is another post a few down, or previous page, that is also about ages. A lot more posters on there... so you can really get a good sense for the age ranges on this board. It's not as active as some of the other boards, or as it used to be.

• 37 here. Doing my first IUI in about 11 hours, but not very optimistic because I think I ovulated today.

Welcome to the board, there are some amazingly supportive women here.

Good luck to you!

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • 42 here and my DH is going to be 45 in two months. We are still going through pre-testing and still need to meet with the doctor to figure out what to do next.  We were just married in May and are hoping to add to the family.  DH has a 13 year-old daughter.

All of the ladies here are a wonderful support system.

Best of luck to you.

Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
  • 37 here and DH is 47. DH has low testosterone was 10 now 20 but still extremely low (should be 70+).  I have short cycles.  I am currently in cycle 13 and on 50 mg of clomid, which has caused my cycles and my O date to come later.
  • Hello....we have been TTC for 2 yrs also. We got a late start and now we are paying for it. I'm 40 now and will be 41 in 3months. The age is such an issue..it haunts my mind from everything to "daycare" to retirement. You will find that there are lots of supportive ladies here that the age thing will be put to rest quickly. I am still awaiting "action" from my RE. Welcome!

TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
    Fibroid removal Nov2010
    IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
    IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
    IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
    IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
    Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
    IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
    IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
    surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

• I'm 41.  We all have to stand up, be responsible and be confident!  There is no shame in wanting to be a mom if you are responsible and healthy.  Embrace it and move on.  For me the only thing I feel I need to be certain I am doing is taking care of myself.  Age is in some ways just a number.  We may worry about being too old to have the energy to play and to be around for college, weddings, grandchildren.  Well there are plenty of unhealthy, very overweight women out there who had their children at 20 something and and can't play may not be there for their children when they are older. They weren't ashamed of their pregancies.  There is no shame in what we are doing.  If we act as though there is, then the stigma will just continue.  Stand tall!  Power to us!  -Pix
    About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • I'm new to this board too. DH and I are both 36; we are TTC #3.  Look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • I am 36 and DH is 37.  I was really concerned about being the oldest mommy around.  I started asking others who had their children later and they said that it was really no big deal.  I just talked to someone who had their last at 50!  Good luck!
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi! I keep running into you on here. We're on the same cycle and looks like we're both over 35! I'm 36 and my DH is 33. Not exactly sure what our problem is, but it isn't my DH. I guess it's unexplaned.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Me: 36 - Unexplained - Facter V Leiden DH: 34 - No issues TTC = 2 yrs and 2 m/c Daughter born April 2009 - 3 rounds of Clomid TTC #2 Since Jan 2010 Unsuccessful IUI - Sept 2010 Unsuccessful IVF - Nov 2011 Starting FET for April 2011
  • imageCityPixie:
    I'm 41.  We all have to stand up, be responsible and be confident!  There is no shame in wanting to be a mom if you are responsible and healthy.  Embrace it and move on.  For me the only thing I feel I need to be certain I am doing is taking care of myself.  Age is in some ways just a number.  We may worry about being too old to have the energy to play and to be around for college, weddings, grandchildren.  Well there are plenty of unhealthy, very overweight women out there who had their children at 20 something and and can't play may not be there for their children when they are older. They weren't ashamed of their pregancies.  There is no shame in what we are doing.  If we act as though there is, then the stigma will just continue.  Stand tall!  Power to us!  -Pix

Yes  We started TTC earlier this year.  When I spoke w/ my OB about my concerns about my age and fertility - he said "you're in good health, not overweight, and take good care of yourself.  You have a better chance than someone in their 20's that has health issues". 

• I am 40 and the little one in my sig was the result of my 2nd IVF, so I am an IVF pro, If you need any advice, or have questions. I am new to this board, but certainly not new to theknot/nest/bump

<------------------------------- too many posts to count! 

I am hopefully going to stim in late november for IVF#3, for baby #2.  Are you on an estrogen priming protocol? I am surprised at the use of lupron for low FSH, how are your ultrasounds coming along? I hope this is it for you, best of luck! 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What an adorable little boy you have there!

I do have a question. My E2 was at 42 on Tuesday and they said they expect it to be about 600 after b/w today. It seems to be a big jump in only  two days. What do you think? Also, they said they see about 20 follicles, but they only measured a few of them and said things look good. They didn't give me any measurements. Should I be getting measurements?

By the way, looks like your close by. My DH grew up in Lansdale!

Me: 36 - Unexplained - Facter V Leiden DH: 34 - No issues TTC = 2 yrs and 2 m/c Daughter born April 2009 - 3 rounds of Clomid TTC #2 Since Jan 2010 Unsuccessful IUI - Sept 2010 Unsuccessful IVF - Nov 2011 Starting FET for April 2011
  • Just got a call with my b/w results for today. My E2 was 1491, Prog 2.4 and LH 1.14. They are cutting me back to 150 gonal-f and to stop the Menopur all together. I'm a little nervous now. Is this a bad thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"