D.C. Area Babies

Recommend your thermometer, please

I'm looking for a new thermometer.  We have a Safety 1st one (https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2373637) that I'm not a fan of: it takes a while to get a reading, and I don't think it's accurate all the time (especially when used in the southern hemisphere, which always induces a lot of struggling).  I figure a forehead one would be easiest, but I'm skeptical about how precisely they can measure a fever.  An ear / digital one would be good, but I don't know if I can switch to one with DS yet.  DD can hold a thermometer in her mouth but it's hard to tell if she's keeping it in the proper spot.

I don't mind spending $30+ if the product is good because I'm assume we'll get our money's worth out of it over the next few years.  But I don't want to invest in a pricey one only to find out (1) it's a piece of garbage, or (2) it's too difficult to use with my kids at their current ages.  Any recommendations about what you use successfully with your DC would be appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your thermometer, please

• My pedi has always used an ear thermometer on DS--even when he was 4 months old, so I think you're fine with using it for your DS.  We use the Braun Thermoscan Ear thermometer.

• imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

My pedi has always used an ear thermometer on DS--even when he was 4 months old, so I think you're fine with using it for your DS.  We use the Braun Thermoscan Ear thermometer.

We have this exact same one and I like it.  Is it perfectly accurate down to 1/10th  of a degree - probably not but at these ages I don't think they need it to be that accurate.  Both kids hold still for it now (Molly wasn't a fan for a little while).  We've had it since Maggie was about 18mo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"