Multiples
Options

Bottle Warmers?

Do you ladies use bottle warmers for your twins, triplets? If so which brand? I have read mixed reviews on some and some reviews said that if you immeditaly tried to warm a second bottle it was too hot.

Should I buy one or is it not worth it?

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottle Warmers?

• Options
    We don't...I just microwave a couple plastic cups (not solo cups - the kind that can be washed...hard plastic) for a minute and a half and stick bottles in them. I've read lots of people recommend a mini crockpot but I didn't want something plugged in and on 24/7.
  • Options

We have 2. You're supposed to wait 5-10min or so between warmings with all the bottle warmers we looked at. I wasn't about to deal with that so I just got 2. We use this kind: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2403663

It's consistent at heating and easy to use. You have to wait a certain amount of time (forget what it is) in between warmings so you aren't able to make a bottle too hot that way. I basically just wanted the cheapest consistent heater since I got 2. That was it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we've always used the playtex drop ins.  I just fill a large bowl with really hot tap water and sit the bottles in it until they warm up (5-10 minutes depending on how much is in the bottle).
  • Options
    We have used a crockpot since about 2 weeks after the boys came home from the hospital. Heating up water in the microwave got old for us really fast especially at 2 am feedings. We were using a large crockpot up until I found a mini one on sale at Target for $7 about 2 months ago. Can't beat that! :-) Also something to think about.... If I could go back, I would have given my boys room temp bottles instead of heated ones because now they WILL NOT take a bottle unless it's warm. So picky! It makes feeding them away from home a pain. Just a tip, but do what you think is best! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bottle warmers seemed like way too much work for us.  We do room temp bottles during the day and try to do warm ones at night.  I'll make two glasses of hot tap water and let the bottle warm up for as long as it takes to change diapers.  It's usually just a few minutes, but I like to think they appreciate the effort.
  • Options

imageLeila1105:
    Also something to think about.... If I could go back, I would have given my boys room temp bottles instead of heated ones because now they WILL NOT take a bottle unless it's warm. So picky! It makes feeding them away from home a pain. Just a tip, but do what you think is best! GL

Your not the only one! Mine will not drink unless its at least room temp or warmer.  I've always used RTF liquid formula and prepped the bottles the day before for the following day, so making room temp bottles was not an option.  Thinking back, I think using powder would have been easier because, like you said... feeding on the road is a pain. 

• Options
    Crockpot on warm while you change their diapers.  :)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLeila1105:
    We have used a crockpot since about 2 weeks after the boys came home from the hospital. Heating up water in the microwave got old for us really fast especially at 2 am feedings. We were using a large crockpot up until I found a mini one on sale at Target for $7 about 2 months ago. Can't beat that! :-) Also something to think about.... If I could go back, I would have given my boys room temp bottles instead of heated ones because now they WILL NOT take a bottle unless it's warm. So picky! It makes feeding them away from home a pain. Just a tip, but do what you think is best! GL

Big ditto. Start giving them room temp bottles from the beginning. I did this and my DH acted like I was feeding them poison. He insisted I heat them and I grudgingly went along. I should have held my ground b/c now they will not drink unless it's heated up. It's a PITA when we're on the go.

• Options

imageethansbride2b:
    we've always used the playtex drop ins.  I just fill a large bowl with really hot tap water and sit the bottles in it until they warm up (5-10 minutes depending on how much is in the bottle).

This is what we did with DDs bottles, except it was just a very large cup.  This time since I am not nursing we are hoping the twins will just take bottles at room temp so we don't have to heat them. 

• Options
    We bought a First Years warmer from BRU. $25. It says you need to wait 10 minutes between bottles but we never do. We heat them both back to back and both warm just fine. Our boys aren't picky either. They'll eat bottles cold if we'd let them. At night it saves the most time b/c hot tap water in a cup took too long to warm bottles. We pack DH's cooler bag at night with enough bottles until morning, so when the boys are hungry through the night we just pull bottles put and plug the warmer into the ensuite bathroom. Saves time and effort so we aren't running up and downstairs all night long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"