Houston Babies

Anyone with a c-sec had this happen???

I am 6 weeks out from my 2nd c-section, and am having some issues.  My first cs was 4 years ago with no complications, so I am stumped on what could be going on.  The left side of my incision is swollen, almost looks like a lump of skin.  The rest of the incision looks great.  Anyway, whenever I go to get up off the couch or get out of bed, anything that requires I use the muscles at the incision site, the left side hurts and I can't describe it any other way other than a burning thats on the inside.It is only on the left side.  It burns like hell for a few moments then goes away.  My doctor looked at it and says its the sutures on the inside rubbing, but it should go away in a few months.  Has anyone had this happen to them? How long does it last?  I am concerned that it could be something the doc is missing. 

Re: Anyone with a c-sec had this happen???

• Oh goodness, I feel your pain. I had a very similar pain only one one side (I called it a white hot burning sensation), but it didn't last longer than a week or two post-surgery. I can't believe you are having to deal with it six weeks out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTexasPaige:
    Oh goodness, I feel your pain. I had a very similar pain only one one side (I called it a white hot burning sensation), but it didn't last longer than a week or two post-surgery. I can't believe you are having to deal with it six weeks out.

this. i'm only 3.5 weeks out from mine and it is completely gone.

• Loading the player...
  • I had the burning senstation but not that long after my c sec and it was never swollen.  I think the swelling is a little concerning.
  • Could it be a fluid pocket?  I had a lump on one side of my incision that the doctor called a fluid pocket.  It was painful to touch, and had it for AT LEAST 6 weeks afterwards.  Doc said it was due to differing pressures exerted during sewing up the incision (there were two doctors sewing at the same time on opposite sides).  I thought the doctor was crazy, but it was gone in about 3 months...some of the stuff I read online said that they can take up to 6 months to reabsorb or disappear.
  • I completely know what you are describing.  Mine was on my left side.  It did last several weeks (maybe even 3 months or so) but eventually went away little by little and never returned.  So, even though it took a while to go away, it should be reassuring that it wasn't a bigger problem and it never returned.  It hurt most when I would use my stomach muscles getting in and out of bed.
    visit my blog at www.treadingwaterinthekiddiepool.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"