Babies: 3 - 6 Months

what do you do with your baby "stuff" when LO outgrows it?

We do not have a big house by any means so I'm wondering what to do with the bassinett, exersaucer, etc when LO outgrows it. Right now, the bassinett is in the guest bedroom, but not sure what I'll end up doing with the other stuff when she outgrows it. I could put it in the attic, but not sure what to put it in so it doesn't get all gross up there. I want to use it for the next LO.

Re: what do you do with your baby "stuff" when LO outgrows it?

• We also do not have a very big house and absolutely no where to store DD's things. We are keeping everything just in case we have a girl next time, so my dad said we could store everything we wanted at his house. He has a lot of extra room so it's no big deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We put everything in huge trash bags and stored it in the garage after DS.  After we're done with it this time, we'll either donate it to the church, give it to a friend, or sell it on craigslist.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're in the same boat- not much extra storage space in our small two bedroom townhouse.  I don't want to store things in the attic b/c of the temperature fluctuations and honestly, it has a funny smell up there!  Luckily, DH's parents live nearby and have a large basement storage area.  They've been awesome about letting us store things at their place.  We had to empty the guest bedroom/office to get it ready for LO, so all that stuff is being stored there and we've already taken 1 bin of newborn and 0-3 month clothes over that LO has outgrown. 

My brother & his wife had to get a storage unit for their things (they also had to empty out a bedroom to make room for LO) b/c they live in a 2 bedroom condo.  I have friends that lived in apartments when their LOs were small and they also had to get a small storage unit.  I know it's not ideal, but I'd rather not have to re-buy everything for future LOs.

• Stuff I like and want to save goes in bins. Stuff I can part w I put in separate bins. We are still co-sleeping, but when she moves to her room her bassinet comes apart, so I can stick it in a keep bin.
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Clothing and like items I put in plastic bins and put in the basement.  Baby Gear type things, i put in Large black trash bins and also put them in the basement.  We don't have a lot of room, but I cleared out a bunch of stuff last summer when i knew we were going to try for kids. 

We will hang on to pretty much everything until we are done with kids, then I will either donate, sell on craigslist, or bring it conseignment stores.  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• We have saved pretty much everything. I have boxed up his clothes by size. We borrowed the bassinet from a friend so we need to get that together and give it back. But the plan is to keep everything and either box it up or put it in contractor bags and put it in the attic. We also kept a lot of the boxes that the stuff came in. We have a walk up attic which has been really helpful.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of my good friend is having twin boys in a couple of weeks. It's all going to her :)
  • I just give it back to my sister for her next go around.

• I am saving all the things that we would like to use for our next LO.  We rented a small storage unit at UHaul, since we live  in a small NYC apartment with NO storage.  Clothes are going into plastic bins and gear is just going in as-is or covered in a plastic bag.  Anything that we didn't like this time around, or didn't use much is being sold on Craigslist or given away.
  • Well since I don't plan on having another LO for a while. I don't think anything will be kept in good shape. Me and my mom live in a two bedroom apartment we don't have an attic(well the tenants can't use it) and our basement is so nasty and gross I won't save anythign down there. There's a girl at my aunts church that is pregnant if she has a boy I just plan on giving everything to her. She barely has money to buy herself stuff she needs so I want to help her little baby out.(I'm hoping it's a boy) If she does'nt have a boy i'll find someone else that can use these things as DS gets older and grows out of them. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"