Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Bob Users Come In

When did you start putting LO in the BOB without the car seat?  Or have you?

LO can sit up assisted, and sit up for a few seconds unassisted. 

I got him a fuzzy and can't wait to use it!

Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bob Users Come In

• Options

My duelie didn't have a carseat option, so I used it at 8 week exactly per instructions.  I'm dying to run with it, but we'll wait until next spring.

(They weren't big fans of it the first time.  We made it down the street and back.  Thankfully they love it now.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think 6 months is a pretty standard answer, but we will probably make a go of it before then.  We have her in our Chicco stroller with out the car seat, and she is reclined, but almost upright, so I would think she would be close to being good to go in our BOB.  It reclines some as well, so they can lean back and don't have to rely solely on themselves to sit up right. I was going to try it for a short walk to the park today actually, but just didn't feel like maneuvering everything in the garage to get it out :)  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried it at 4 months and she pitched a fit.  Two weeks later, though she loved it.
  • Options

We started using ours as soon as head control was good enough, and we could tighten the harness so it was snug enough. For us, this was about 3.5 months.

Still won't run with it though, only walking for now.

• Options
    we used it at 3 months w/o the car seat and he did fine!
  • Options

Oh, Great!  Sounds like I could give it a shot.  I might miss looking at him though :(

Thanks ladies!

• Options
    We first tried this a couple of weekends ago (right before she turned 5 months), and DD looked really small in it, so we put a blanket around her.  She seemed OK but she looked kind of uncomfortable, so the next time in the stroller, I put her back in the car seat.  I'll probably try again in another couple of weeks (6 months).
  • Options
    imageMelissa Christensen:
    I might miss looking at him though :(

I thought that too!  But now, mine spend most of the time with their head tilted back trying to see me through the clear plastic top.  They can hear my voice, so when I look down, I see 4 blue eyes staring back at me.  Part of me feels bad that they're missing out on seeing the world, but it's pretty darn cute that they know exactly where I am. Big Smile
  • Options
    imageHaven1:
    imageMelissa Christensen:
    I might miss looking at him though :(

I thought that too!  But now, mine spend most of the time with their head tilted back trying to see me through the clear plastic top.  They can hear my voice, so when I look down, I see 4 blue eyes staring back at me.  Part of me feels bad that they're missing out on seeing the world, but it's pretty darn cute that they know exactly where I am. Big Smile

How cute!  You're still their world!

• Options
    We started DD at about 4 months (for walking). We use one of those Summer Infant head/body support things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"