TTC after 35

I'm opening the bar!

I am taking a bold step here and opening the bar. Where have all the regulars gone? Are you no longer in need of fertilla's hopefully?  I am going to have a real drink since I'm AF'ing.  In fact I had a nice Malbec last night while celebrating my DH birthday, which also marks 1 yr of TTC with no success.  Moving on to urologist and then based on that outcome an RE.

When I first started "bumping" I had no idea what others were saying on this board about RE and IUI etc., now I am moving on to that step.  I miss the ones before me who were in the midst of all that, but it is nice to know that they are moving on to BFP's and other solutions.  I welcome the newbies I've been seeing posting lately. Maybe now you will learn from me and others on here?  Hopefully you won't need the knowledge, but it's nice to know what the options are if for some reason you don't get BFP's on your own. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm opening the bar!

• Hello,

I am one of the newbies, only posting a bit, but learning so much!  It comforts me to read your stories.  Kinda like having a sister to share with and offer guidance.  I have learned more here, than at the RE.  So, thanks to all of you.  

I had my very first IUI on 10/20.  It went well, 24million count with rated 4 forward progression.  Though DH was not able to BD at all afterwards or the next day( ed issues)  

I know everyone hates the 2ww, so for this one, I am going to Buenos Aires.  That will take my mind off things.  Maybe not such a good idea, but I will have a glass or two of their delicious red wine and take some tango lessons.  Heres hoping to celebrate a BFP when I get back. And many BFP's wishes to you all.

• I will also be having some real drinks tonight since I got a BFN this am.  I am also a newbie and know nothing about IUI's etc. I'm not there yet as it is only my 3rd month of TTC.  Allison, good luck with your IUI results and have a fabulous trip!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the 2ww of an IVF cycle, so virtual drinks are all I'll be having. 

I'd love a fertilita!!!!

• I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your Redsox - are you surviving the wait?

I'm having my egg retrival tomorrow so should probably stick to a fertilita as well.

ETA: I think I've hit a new level of IF insanity today after the zoo announced the panda's pregnant and I thought "Oh sure, even the panda can get pregnant but not me"

• Thanks for opening the bar!  I had a busy day & I totally forgot to open up.

I'll be making some raspberry fertilitas if anyone wants some.

Today's $$ question... What is your favorite vegetable?  I could eat green beans every day... I could eat corn every day...  Hard to pick a favorite.

• Good luck to both RedSox and JCath with your IVF procedures! I hope you come back soon with positives:-)

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• I'm new.

I will be having a drink tonight because I have only been off the pill for one week so I'm not even ovulating yet.

I still can't get over AMA.  I just learned that term this week-I don't feel old!

• I've been on the bump all over the place and started posting here about 4 months ago, it is a lot slower than when I first started on here. I enjoy this board so much and have gained valuable information and have learned there are very generous people. Thanks to everyone for all the posts.
  • thanks for opening the bar!  it's a beautiful start to the weekend here in Atlanta and we are headed up to the mountains to my in-law's river house to enjoy the Fall festivities. 

I'll take a big old fertilirita since I'm right in the thick of the 2ww.  Cheers to all :)

• Cheers everyone!  With a special shout out to jcath and RSB!  I've got almost a whole week 'til I test.  I'm trying to put it off. So I'll stick with the fertilritas.   -Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Allison, have a great time in Buenos Aires.  I can't think of a better place to spend the 2ww; it's a great city! My 2ww is almost over and anyway b/c of a temp drop etc. I know AF is coming.  I've been having half a glass of red wine the past few nights ever since I remembered that many docs actually recommend red wine to help with implantation.  And I might have a whole glass tonight, not for the implantation but to help deal with this month's disappointment.  Like last month, when AF comes I'll be taking myself for a margarita!  Grrrr...and GL to everyone!
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Hey Jen!!  We meet again!!  I was happy to see that your wedding went well this summer. I saw your posting a while ago giving the wrap up.Sorry about the rain but it must mean good luck for TTC, right? haha I'm not thrilled about the AMA label either.  I was an old bride and now trying to be an old mom..

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• Real margarita tonight for me because it has been a long week! So far so good on the clomid, though! My favorite veggie is asparagus! Could eat it all the time if it wasn't so expensive most of the time!
  • I'd love a raspberry fertilita! I am currently 11dpo and praying that AF doesnt come tomorrow. My temp is down -.4 today. Ugh.

Favorite veggie is either yellow peppers or sweet potatoes! Love them! 

Good luck to everyone!

• I am early in the 2WW, but it took sooo long to get here that I am just thankful that I can finally relax and not be obsessed with O'ing.  Please send over double raspberry fertilitas please!

My favorite veggies are corn on the cob (can eat daily) and asparagus.  I am such a weirdo, but I like the way my pee smells after I eat asparagus!  Sorry if that's TMI.  DH thinks I'm gross and crazy!

GL to all of you in the midst of the 2WW. I hope we have a string of BFPs!! 

• Hook me up with a drink...the real kind! Taking a break for now, though still trying "on our own"!

Fav veg:  Broccoli

Hope everyone has a great weekend! To those of you drinking fertilitas...good luck!

• Mango fertilla please. Kind of cranky here. Fertility testing finished today. I had an inconclusive result, so I had a saline sonogram this morning - fun, fun, fun. DH's test is a little off but we'll retest later. The dr's say there's no physical reason for my extralong 2 month long cycles. Sigh. We'll probably do IUI next cycle.
  • I was waiting for the bar to open this week but got to busy to post. Love your "virtual bar" concept!!!

In fact, since the meds begin in 2 weeks I am going to pour some wine tonight.  I keep thinking OMG I have to get through another Thanksgiving going through a 2ww and no wine : ( nooooooooooo

• I'm new to the board too~been here about a week. I read a lot at night when I should be sleeping. I keep one tab open with the glossary and the other tab open with the thread I am reading. This helps me learn all the words. I love broccoli and would love a fertilitini ~ any kind will do in sweet pink or blue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"