Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

FFFC-FFFC's

They are kind of lame these days, I thought an FFFC was suppose to be something that might normally get flamed, and their is nothing flamable about most of the confessions that are posted.  They are just random statements sometimes about something someone did during their day that is nothing special really.    It should be changed to Friday Statements or something.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC-FFFC's

• Options

My FFFC-

I hate the separate FFFC posts. What happened to the one single post that had them all in one spot?  Now every other post is a FFFC.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    It's probably because FFFCs aren't really flame-free and people are afraid of getting ripped.  That said, I have noticed that the FFFCs and UOs (and sh!t-stirring posts generally) have greatly decreased on this board.  There's usually more action on 6 - 9. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You want flame-worthy huh?

I judge fat people.  Yes, I know that makes me a big giant jerk.  I still judge.  I'm not talking about mildly overweight people, I'm talking about obese people.  At that size, just moving your arms up and down would help to shed some calories.  Stop moping/blaming your genes and do something about your condition! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLaura_Lee:

I judge fat people.  Yes, I know that makes me a big giant jerk.  I still judge.  I'm not talking about mildly overweight people, I'm talking about obese people.  At that size, just moving your arms up and down would help to shed some calories.  Stop moping/blaming your genes and do something about your condition! 

Now THAT is a fffc, lol.    And I agree about the seperate threads, I would always try and post in someone elses or if someone started one I'd post in it, but people complain that it gets too long and the quotes get confusing so now I don't normally even post one but after reading some of them today I felt like saying something.  PLus, I don't ever really have anything flameable to say, or unpopular.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oooh, I've got another:

If your husband is an a$$hole, leave the bastard.  Don't come complaining to the bump about how you have to do everything around the house and with the kids (I see this posted at least 3 times a day).  I'm sorry, I don't have pity for you if you won't do anything to fix the problem, and your kids will suffer by having to witness a bad marriage.

• Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

My FFFC-

I hate the separate FFFC posts. What happened to the one single post that had them all in one spot?  Now every other post is a FFFC.

Oh I completely agree. Especially since they're lame anyway. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I have a good one.  I have struggled with eating disorders for almost 15 years now.  Last summer before I got pregnant I lost a ton of weight by working 16 hour days and living pretty much off of booze.  I had to start eating when I got pregnant and packed on the pounds.  I never really ate anything horrible, my metabolism was just all out of whack.  I BF Logan so I still have to eat, but I have resorted to puking anytime I eat anything bad.  I make sure I always have enough calories and nutrients for him.  I am afraid that once we wean I will go back to not eating.  I keep saying I am going to get help, but I havn't followed through yet.  Embarrassed
  • Options
    imageLaura_Lee:

why don't you PIP yourself so we can see what makes you so superior? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh, and since I am on a roll.  I got married when I was 18 (go me).  Right before our 5th anniversary I cheated on him with my prep cook.  I freaked out and walked out of my job on a Friday night in the summer.  Yeah, I'm a treat. 

ETA: We got divorced and I am now very happy with said prep cook and our baby.

• Options
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

If your husband is an a$$hole, leave the bastard.  Don't come complaining to the bump about how you have to do everything around the house and with the kids (I see this posted at least 3 times a day).  I'm sorry, I don't have pity for you if you won't do anything to fix the problem, and your kids will suffer by having to witness a bad marriage.

I think you need a dictionary.  This is an opinion, not a confession.  Unless of course your confession is that you are a judgmental twat. 

• Options

imageama4121:
    Ok, I have a good one.  I have struggled with eating disorders for almost 15 years now.  Last summer before I got pregnant I lost a ton of weight by working 16 hour days and living pretty much off of booze.  I had to start eating when I got pregnant and packed on the pounds.  I never really ate anything horrible, my metabolism was just all out of whack.  I BF Logan so I still have to eat, but I have resorted to puking anytime I eat anything bad.  I make sure I always have enough calories and nutrients for him.  I am afraid that once we wean I will go back to not eating.  I keep saying I am going to get help, but I havn't followed through yet.  Embarrassed

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you are going through that. I hope you get help if not for yourself then do it for your son so he can have a healthy momma.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • Options

:grabs the popcorn:

Now this is a good post. 

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

I think you need a dictionary.  This is an opinion, not a confession.  Unless of course your confession is that you are a judgmental twat. 

LOL...Yankeebaby, I knew we could count on you.  =)

• Options

imageama4121:

I really do hope you will get some help, now before you stop BFing. I have a friend who has struggled all her life with eating disorders and it CAN be overcome. Praying for ya.

• Options

Oh my...you certainly got things going with this post, LOL!!

• Options

imageama4121:

Sad  I hope you find the courage to get help. If you don't it will get worse.

Boys learn about the value of women, how to treat a woman,etc.  by how their dads treat women and by how their moms treat themselves.

Teach your son that women (namely-you) are beautiful.. and that people are valuable because they are people, not because they look a certain way.

Not to mention, boys are prone to eating disorders and other self-destructive things just as much as girls are. Be a good example and get some help now, so that all he remembers is a self-confident, self-loving mom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

Panties in a twist = FFFC success.

• Options

grabs coffee...

to the bulimic, you should see someone about it. admitting it is a really good thing. the first step.

my turn: I loathe helicopter parenting and think that attachment parenting is kind of silly.

• Options
    imageBelhurstBride:
    imagemrs.jenni:

My FFFC-

Oh I completely agree. Especially since they're lame anyway. 

I posted my own because it was long. Embarrassed

But usually, I like when we have one thread for FFC. Agree with PP too. Practically ZERO of these FFFC make me do anything but Sleep [not that mine was any better this week...]

• Options

imagePocky873:

Pocky, I just want to say your siggy pic is sooo adorable!!! Sorry for hijacking..

• Options
    imageLaura_Lee:
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

Nice back peddle.  We've never seen that before.

• Options
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

Just because you're venting that your husband needs to help around the house doesn't automatically warrant divorce papers being served. Most often than not, I see these posts and women are asking for different perspectives on maybe HOW to communicate to their husbands--- maybe they've tried their way, and it's not working.

You run a tight ship if you'd divorce your husband over not, say, doing the laundry. Wink

• Options
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageLaura_Lee:
    imageyankeebaby2:
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

Nice back peddle.  We've never seen that before.

Umm, I don't recall back peddling anything.  I stand by my original statement.  Calling me a judgmental twat doesn't change my "opinion."

• Options

imageama4121:

I'm so sorry that you're struggling with that.  Numerous people in my family have gone through eating disorders, and it is no easy task to change the way you look at your body.  I hope you get the help you need - PM me if you ever want to talk about it. 

• Options
    imageMeli0604:

imagePocky873:

Pocky, I just want to say your siggy pic is sooo adorable!!! Sorry for hijacking..

Thanks!!  I like yours too!

• Options
    imageemily0829:
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

Just because you're venting that your husband needs to help around the house doesn't automatically warrant divorce papers being served. Most often than not, I see these posts and women are asking for different perspectives on maybe HOW to communicate to their husbands--- maybe they've tried their way, and it's not working.

You run a tight ship if you'd divorce your husband over not, say, doing the laundry. Wink

That's not what I meant at all - I'm not saying that everyone woman who can't get her hubby to take the trash out should get a divorce.  If that was the case, I'd be divorced as well!! 

I'm talking about the ones who continually post about their dead-beat husbands who refuse to help with ANYTHING, and the wife just says "oh well" like it's something that will never change.  It probably WILL never change, because she has no spine.  It  makes me ill to see women letting their husbands treat them like a doormat. 

• Options
    Well you could be like my sister-in-law and continue pumping long after the baby is on formula--and I'm talking like 50 oz a day.  Pumporexic, is that even a disorder yet?
  • Options
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

Yes

Hey, I agree. There are some posts where I'm like "Excuse me but if my DH behaved like that his a$$ would be out the door."

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • Options

imagemsm261:
    Well you could be like my sister-in-law and continue pumping long after the baby is on formula--and I'm talking like 50 oz a day.  Pumporexic, is that even a disorder yet?

Whaa?  Why would you do that?  If you're pumping, just give the baby the milk and don't buy formula.  WTF is she doing with the milk she pumps?

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageangiegail78:

imagemsm261:

Whaa?  Why would you do that?  If you're pumping, just give the baby the milk and don't buy formula.  WTF is she doing with the milk she pumps?

Uh yeah. WTF? 

• Options
    imageLaura_Lee:
    imageemily0829:
    imageLaura_Lee:

Oooh, I've got another:

That's not what I meant at all - I'm not saying that everyone woman who can't get her hubby to take the trash out should get a divorce.  If that was the case, I'd be divorced as well!! 

I'm talking about the ones who continually post about their dead-beat husbands who refuse to help with ANYTHING, and the wife just says "oh well" like it's something that will never change.  It probably WILL never change, because she has no spine.  It  makes me ill to see women letting their husbands treat them like a doormat. 

While I think you are a total douche for the your earlier FFFC, I agree with you on this.  People should not spend their lives in mediocrity.  If the guy doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated, DTMF.

• Options
    imageLaura_Lee:

yes. this does make you a big giant jerk. I have struggled my whole life with weight issues. I do workout. I do eat right. Hell....I ran a half marathon, but based on my height and weight I am still considered Obese. For some people it does have something to do with genes. Im guessing that you have a ton of insecurities and that is why you feel the need to judge others. Im sorry it takes this to make you feel better about yourself.

• Options
    Her son started cows milk at 10.5 months (sorry not formula) and she would just pump and dump to continue to burn the calories.  When her son was like 3 weeks old, she had a freezer STOCKED with milk.  She just pumped all.the.time to lose more calories.  Someone shoulda stepped in, but no one in my entire family ever breastfed, so we didn't realize that you shouldn't have a stocked freezer by a month.  
  • Options
    imagejulybaby23:

grabs coffee...

to the bulimic, you should see someone about it. admitting it is a really good thing. the first step.

my turn: I loathe helicopter parenting and think that attachment parenting is kind of silly.

What is "helicopter parenting"?  I've never heard that term.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    imagenicig:
    imageLaura_Lee:

yes. this does make you a big giant jerk. I have struggled my whole life with weight issues. I do workout. I do eat right. Hell....I ran a half marathon, but based on my height and weight I am still considered Obese. For some people it does have something to do with genes. Im guessing that you have a ton of insecurities and that is why you feel the need to judge others. Im sorry it takes this to make you feel better about yourself.

Sigh... Yes, there is an exception to every rule.  But are you honestly trying to tell me that every obese person out there is as ambitious as yourself?  I applaud you for your effort, and yes I'll agree that sometimes nature just won't let you lose the weight, but in a vast majority of cases, obese people are obese because they eat too much and don't work out enough. 

Oh, and btw - my self esteem is just fine, but thanks for your concern.

• Options

imagemsm261:
    Her son started cows milk at 10.5 months (sorry not formula) and she would just pump and dump to continue to burn the calories.  When her son was like 3 weeks old, she had a freezer STOCKED with milk.  She just pumped all.the.time to lose more calories.  Someone shoulda stepped in, but no one in my entire family ever breastfed, so we didn't realize that you shouldn't have a stocked freezer by a month.  

Huh, that's odd.  10.5 months is early to be on cow's milk.  I guess I just don't understand why she's not still giving the baby BM if she's got it available. 

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemsm261:

That is seriously one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Does she have PPD?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMWoodside:
    imagejulybaby23:

grabs coffee...

Helicopter parenting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_parent

The complete opposite of fostering independence in your kids. My sister is one. She still does everything for her kids and they are in college.

• Options
    imageDrinknDerive:

While I think you are a total douche for the your earlier FFFC, I agree with you on this.  People should not spend their lives in mediocrity.  If the guy doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated, DTMF.

Hey, I admitted it might make a jerk.  It's just one of those things I carry in the back of my mind.  I have plenty of friends who are overweight - really good ones in fact, and I would never say this to them because I realize that weight is a very sensitive subject (I've been overweight myself, actually, but busted my a$$ to get back in shape).  I know I have plenty of things besides weight problems that people can judge me for too - I'm not claiming to be perfect.  People rip on smokers every single day for choosing an unhealthy lifestyle.  I don't see how what I'm saying is any different (aside from people who have a medical issue preventing them from maintaining a healthy weight).  It might not affect the general population like smoking does, but when my grandmother died when I was 5 years old from a weight-related disease, it sure as hell affected me. 

ETA to say sorry - that was a massive block of random thoughts without paragraphs.  You got the point, hopefully.

• Options
    imagejulybaby23:
    imageMWoodside:
    imagejulybaby23:

grabs coffee...

Helicopter parenting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_parent

The complete opposite of fostering independence in your kids. My sister is one. She still does everything for her kids and they are in college.

I feel like that is not the same as AP at all.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"