Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

FFFC

I have two friends that are pregnant with their first babies.  I cannot stand it when they go on rants about how they will NEVER let their child cio or they will NEVER spank their child, etc!  I'm not saying anyone should do or not do these things, but every child is different with a different personality and you have to try different things with each child.  I will be glad once they have their kids and they see that raising kids is not always black and white.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• Options

eh, I think it comes with the territory of being pg with your first.  There are definitely things I said I was NEVER while I was pg, but that has changed.

I think its okay for them to be a little naive for the time being, they will learn soon enough

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I can honestly say I had NO clue about parenting before our son arrived.  I'd read the books, talked to friends/elders for advice, but my son broke the mold as far as what I was expecting/planning for. 

Example #1:  I firmly believed that colic was a word that people made up for very fussy babies. 

My son had colic.  It's definitely real. 

Example #2:  I insisted that breastfeeding was "weird" and I would do it for 6 weeks only because I knew it was best for my son.  After that, I'd be done without so much as a sigh.

At 2 months when my supply unexpectedly dropped, I cried my eyes out when I had to switch him to formula.   

I now realize that I can't predict ANYTHING as his mother, and likely won't be able to for the rest of my life :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageabartow:

eh, I think it comes with the territory of being pg with your first.  There are definitely things I said I was NEVER while I was pg, but that has changed.

I think its okay for them to be a little naive for the time being, they will learn soon enough

This exactly.  I always said I'd never FF and after BFing failed for me, here we are.  They'll figure it out. 

• Options
    imageabartow:

Oh, I would love to back to being naive again too!  I just hate how they judge my parenting of real kids today to the perceived way they will parent in the future.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecheerleader.08:
    imageabartow:

Oh, I would love to back to being naive again too!  I just hate how they judge my parenting of real kids today to the perceived way they will parent in the future.   

yeah, that's annoying.    At least you know that what you are doing is best for your kid.  They will learn soon enough and be eating their words, and then you can have the last laugh.

PS- I TOTALLY judged my good friend for co-sleeping with her son who is 9 months older then my LO.  And now, I am eating my words as LO co-sleeps with us sometimes.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

This is funny!  I was this way before I had my daughter.  I would always tell my friend who already had a baby that I would NEVER do this and NEVER do that, and I couldn't understand half of the things she did - I would almost get (quitely) judgemental of the things she did.  WOW - did I have no clue.  I am doing almost everything opposite of what I thought I'd do.  I realize now how seriously annoying I must have been. 

In the words of Biggie, if you don't know, now you know!

• Options
    I equally hate when other moms say, that you'll def do this or that.  Just because your kid did this or that doesn't mean that mine will or that I will have to do this or that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree. I have a friend that has never had a child (and doesn't plan to any time soon) that constantly gets on to me for giving DD a pacifier. My baby had colic and was super fussy. It was the only thing that would make her slightly calm. I just want to say "you get back to me when you've actually had a little experience with a baby".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"