Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pampers swaddlers- color change strip when dirty

So, for obvious reasons, I LOVE the color change strip that goes from yellow to blue when a diaper is dirty.  I find, though, I cannot tell upon purchase if the diapers have the strip.  SOME packages show it on the back as a feature, some dont mention it at all but still have it...my SIL told me "dry max" means color stip so I got some of those last night....only to find out they have no color strip.   

How in the world do I know, in the store before I buy, if that color strip is there?  Its annoying the packaging doesnt display it more obviously!

Re: Pampers swaddlers- color change strip when dirty

• We found that the sensitive ones have the strip.
  • I don't know . . . I've had the same issue. Some packages I buy have the strip, and some don't - even though the packaging looks the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageldheflin:
    We found that the sensitive ones have the strip.

This. Its the pampers sensitive with the wetness indicator.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageldheflin:
    We found that the sensitive ones have the strip.

this 

Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This may seem like a dumb question, but we use cloth so bare with me.  Can you really not tell when the diaper is wet??
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • pp is right it's the pampers sensitive that has the indicator strip.  They are kinda hard to find, but we love them too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageemsrdh03:
    This may seem like a dumb question, but we use cloth so bare with me.  Can you really not tell when the diaper is wet??

Not always when they are brand new and you are counting every pee and poop, they don't necessarily pee a lot yet. But yes, as they get bigger you can definitely tell more but I do like the strips and the sensitive ones are the ones that have them. 

• imageemsrdh03:
    This may seem like a dumb question, but we use cloth so bare with me.  Can you really not tell when the diaper is wet??

I've taken many a diaper off thinking it was wet, and all I did was waste a diaper. The absorbency in those things are amazing and some disperse it very well that you really can't tell until it gets soaked.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• imageDiAnne82:
    I don't know . . . I've had the same issue. Some packages I buy have the strip, and some don't - even though the packaging looks the same.

We always buy the dry max ones and sometimes the have the strip and sometimes they don't. I was studying the packages yesterday... one that had the strip to one package that didn't. The package was exactly the same. I don't get it. 

• I went on the Pampers board. Apparently they stopped putting the strip on them, and then went back to putting it on them. So, maybe some stores still have the ones that they produced without the strip?
  • imageIsaacA:

imageDiAnne82:
    I don't know . . . I've had the same issue. Some packages I buy have the strip, and some don't - even though the packaging looks the same.

We always buy the dry max ones and sometimes the have the strip and sometimes they don't. I was studying the packages yesterday... one that had the strip to one package that didn't. The package was exactly the same. I don't get it. 

According to the Pampers board, they are changing their diapers so all of them have it.  So some still don't and some do.  Depends on the production I'm guessing.

• https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43043984.aspx

Why does it sometimes only show the bar and not what you post?  Hopefully you can see the link now.

• sensitive ones have the strip- swaddlers only have it if they don't have dry max on the box. GL!
  • its not just the sensitive ones.......and some dry max do have them....

pampers board response makes sense.....guess i just take a gamble now and wait until they all have it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"