TTC after 35

Changing RE's.....yeah right (vent)

Yet another day in the saga of the Canadian person trying to get some frikken action. So I thought hmmm waiting so long to get a date for a surgery for my fibroid...not so cool waiting 3-4 months, right? So I contact another place that is outside of my city (about a 2 hour drive, sacrifices!) Well the kind RN e-mails me back and tells me that they are no longer taking patients for surgery due to their extensive wait list.....wait for it .......of 9 to 12 months....SERIOUSLY, yeah seriously! RN proceeds to tell me that my wait of 3 to 4 months is legitimate. But ofcourse they will accept me as a Patient for work up for IVF....yeah cause it is OOP .....cash in their pocket! 

As my husband says....."calm down, I'm upset too". Okay Dear ranting over.

Sorry ladies I just had to let it out.

TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
Fibroid removal Nov2010
IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

Re: Changing RE's.....yeah right (vent)

• Jeesh...we're driving over there for cheaper meds and you'll have to start comin' over here for reasonable treatment times!  No answers just venting along with you...sux

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • That's miserable - I'm so sorry.  Sounds like none of us have the solution to healthcare.  Are you still on the wait list at the old RE's?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I'm so sorry. I really hope you can get in there before that. : (
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"