Alaska Babies

Hospital Tours

We went on our maternity tour at Alaska Regional the other day and it was amazing!! We haven't done the Prov one yet, but might not. I was pretty sold on AK Regional... and it's my BF's preferred provider for baby.

They have a jacuzzi room and beautiful L&D rooms... highly recommend the tour if you're delivering in ANC!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hospital Tours

• Yes

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• There really is no reason to go to Prov. If you liked Regional's rooms, you will definitely not like Prov, and Prov's mother baby unit has one shower for four rooms so your BF will not be able to shower. I chose Regional over Prov, and Prov is my preferred provider. I loved Regional and am really pleased with their services.
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Regional, they are wonderful, very kind staff! 
  • i was there at the tour the same night, how funny! :) we haven't taken the providence tour yet either but hearing they only have one shower per four rooms is a definite deterrent :O i'm glad alaska regional was so nice, i'm definitely looking forward to delivering there :D
  • Today I went on the Providence tour where I found out since I am due in February I will be in the new "mommy and baby" wing!  They are in the process of semi-moving the maternity center from the 1st floor to the 4th floor.  It will take a while apparently but the labor and delivery will continue to be on the 1st floor and they are moving the "mommy and baby" wing to the 4th floor....good news....where you will have your own room AND your own shower!  However, people who are due in december and possibly the beginning of January will still be in the older section where they have to share a shower!
  • imagejamijoe:
    Today I went on the Providence tour where I found out since I am due in February I will be in the new "mommy and baby" wing!  They are in the process of semi-moving the maternity center from the 1st floor to the 4th floor.  It will take a while apparently but the labor and delivery will continue to be on the 1st floor and they are moving the "mommy and baby" wing to the 4th floor....good news....where you will have your own room AND your own shower!  However, people who are due in december and possibly the beginning of January will still be in the older section where they have to share a shower!
    How cool is that, I delivered both my girls at prov. and will be delivering this one there in Aug. as well. I'm excited. I have heard some not so great stuff about Regional, but I never took the tour.
  • imagejamijoe:
    Today I went on the Providence tour where I found out since I am due in February I will be in the new "mommy and baby" wing!  They are in the process of semi-moving the maternity center from the 1st floor to the 4th floor.  It will take a while apparently but the labor and delivery will continue to be on the 1st floor and they are moving the "mommy and baby" wing to the 4th floor....good news....where you will have your own room AND your own shower!  However, people who are due in december and possibly the beginning of January will still be in the older section where they have to share a shower!
  • I delivered my son at Regional and LOVED IT! They have the same size L&D as Prov, but see 1/3 the patients, plus the mother/baby rooms are full size and not a shoe box (and you get your own shower, where as at Prov you have to share with 3 other rooms). I was really looking forward to using the jacuzzi tub, but was not able to as when I arrived at the hospital my water was already broken (the reason we went) and they will not allow you in the tub once that happens.
  • I'm also really excited about the jacuzzi situation... but I'm sure (with my luck) I'll be there too late or have my water break and not be able to take advantage.

An epidural will do a good job relieving pain too ... I guess! :)

• I delivered my second son at Prov. and loved it.  (My first was delivered on base.)  This one I am delivering at Reg. just because it is my current PP.  One thing I perfer about Prov over Reg is at least 7 years ago Prov was pro co-sleeping and they did everything in the room with you and baby.  My DS left my room twice... 1 time for the circimcision and once for his hearing test, and I went with him both times.   From the people I have spoken with at Regional, they take the baby out of the room twice a shift for vitals check. 
  • We have our childbirthing class there this weekend, but when we did our tour the nurse said if we don't want the baby to leave, he won't unless medically necessary (NICU and what not). That was part of what made me want to deliver there- she told us it was our baby, not the hospital's.

I guess I'll have to ask that again tomorrow!!

• I had DD at Prov but she was 6 weeks early. The pre-term area was awesome the nurses were awesome but the day i delivered i was pissed that they stole my dinner and gave me liquid. I understand why but yeah pregnant and hormones and delivering and all that... Anyway I only stayed in the mother baby part for one day cause DD was in the NICU, btw if you find yourself delivering early Providence is THE place to go. I got updated on her progress, I couldn't see her much cause i caught a cold so I could only drop off my milk. I think I want to deliver at prov again but this time im hoping it wont be under such severe circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"