Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

STTN - I am in shock

DS has pretty much been a 3-hour eater around the clock since he was born.  He went through a couple of weeks that he'd sleep maybe 5-6 hours when I first put him down at night, but he's been up every 3 hours for the past couple of months.  Last night he slept NINE (9) hours straight!  I put him down at 7 p.m., and he did not wake up until 4 a.m.  I woke up once at 1 a.m. wondering if a bear had snatched him out of his crib, but he was soundly sleeping.  I have no idea how that happened or how to make it happen again.  It was awesome - except the engorgement of course.

Has anyone else had a totally unexpected STTN only to go back to the same old schedule again?  I am not really expecting this to be a new trend, but it was great while it lasted. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: STTN - I am in shock

• Options
    DD was STTN for a little over a month, but now every night seems to be slowly progressing back to before.  It takes longer and longer to get her in her crib at night and she's waking up twice a night.  The past couple of nights she has slept in our bed or swing / carseat just so that I can get some sleep.
  • Options

Isn't it nice?  Logan has always gotten up at least 4 times a night.  Last night he got up once. ONCE.  I couldn't believe it when I woke up and it was light out.  Maybe for us, it wasn't an isolated thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DD STTN one night out of the blue (had been waking up to eat EVERY night at 3 am, some times at 1 am and 4 am).  After that night she never went back.

ETA: By never went back I mean she has kept STTN for the past 12 weeks every night

• Options

imageDC2London:
    We've had fluke STTN experiences.  Enjoy them...in my experience, they are just isolated treats!

This! Funny, I had the same surprise happen this week.  Sophia slept 12 hrs Monday night.  She slept 8 hrs last night.

She was kicking my butt up every 3 to 4 the past few weeks.

Before that she was up after about 5-6 hrs.

• Options
    That's great! Enjoy it! My LO STTN for a night here and there for a month or so until he started doing it consistently. Now he's in the 4month wakeful I think so the fun is over.
  • Options
    We're consistantly 5-6 hour chunks with a few STTN flukes, but of course they never do it on the same night.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow that's great! Jack has done that a Few times but never consistently. Hope he does it again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"