South Jersey Babies

donating cord blood/pediatrician?

Does anyone know if it's possible to donate cord blood to a public blood bank if you're delivering at Virtua Voorhees?  I called the NJ Cord Blood Bank, per my OB, and it seems that they only collect blood from a few hospitals in the state.  Virtua is not one of them.  I'm having a hard time figuring out if there are other banks who would collect from there, and I would really like to donate!

While I'm at it, we're considering a couple different pediatricians in the Cherry Hill area, but does anyone have one to recommend?  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: donating cord blood/pediatrician?

• I just talked to my OB about this, and she said that they don't accept cord blood donations anymore.  You can privately bank it...that's the only other option besides discarding the cord blood.

• Virtua Voorhees told me when I was there that the NJ Cord Blood Bank was full.  Also, we go to Advocare the Farm Pediatrics (in Voorhees and Marlton) and we love it so far!
  • Loading the player...
  • We donated through Virtua Memorial but that was almost 2 year ago now.  I don't know if it is great or sad that they are full! 

I don't know how far you are from Medford Pediatrics but a friend uses them and she absolutely adores them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"