Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Finally a 2nd Letdown

I'm SO excited I got a 2nd letdown. Lately I've not pumped more than 3oz total. I tried super hard to relax and to get a 2nd one. It worked with two different pumpings!

Any tips from mothers who pump at work to get a 2nd let down. I feel so rushed at work to get back in the room (I'm dispatcher). I try not to stay out but 15mins.

Re: Finally a 2nd Letdown

• Options
    That's great! I have no tips, though. Hope it keeps happening!
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I know this sounds silly, but it usually works for me... I watch a video (on my cell phone) of my son sucking in his sleep. It always helps me to get more while I'm pumping!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I find that just continuing to pump after I think I'm done results in a 2nd letdown.  I stay preoccupied (thanks, Bump!) while I pump, which helps distract me.  I usually get 6-7 oz.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejac*n*abe:
    I know this sounds silly, but it usually works for me... I watch a video (on my cell phone) of my son sucking in his sleep. It always helps me to get more while I'm pumping!

I have a few videos of her on my phone, I'll try that. I also will be trying to continue to pump after I *think* I'm done.

• Options
    do you switch back to the short quick pumping after your 1st let down? if you have a medela pump, push the let down button again after your first let down.i also look at pics on my cell phone of my daughter and that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"