December 2010 Moms
Options

Cheaper Boppy Alternative

Originally, I had registered for a Bare Naked Boppy with the intention of buying or making covers for it. Then I discovered the "Nurture Nest" sold at Joann Fabrics. Its $19.99 and since you NEVER pay full price for anything at Joann's I used a 50% off coupon and paid $10!

Its a little bigger than a Boppy (and a bit firmer too), but the covers still fit. If you have any sewing experience, the Nurture Nest comes with a pattern on the back of the package to make covers, too! I made one last night and it took 40-ish minutes and about $6.00 of materials (1 1/2 yards fabric and a 14" zipper).

OH! And if you need coupons to Joann Fabrics, I have a few I could email you (for this week's sale). PM me your email address and I'll send 'em over! If I used all the coupons I have, DH would kill me! Haha

Robots are gender neutral, right? Stick out tongue

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: Cheaper Boppy Alternative

• Options

I saw those at Joann's and was going to get one, but then ended up getting a boppy at my shower. I have been making covers for it though. :) It is so much fun because it seems like all the covers in the store are too cutesy. :)

I also get so many Joann's coupons, but I don't tell my husband when I use them. :)

Do you have a blog? I notice your screen name is ohsewcrafty and was wondering what else you craft? :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cute cover!  

I know boys like robots for sure.  I like robots and I'm a girl so...yeah, I think that makes it gender neutral.  Smile 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Originally, I had registered for a Bare Naked Boppy with the intention of buying or making covers for it. Then I discovered the "Nurture Nest" sold at Joann Fabrics. Its $19.99 and since you NEVER pay full price for anything at Joann's I used a 50% off coupon and paid $10!

Its a little bigger than a Boppy (and a bit firmer too), but the covers still fit. If you have any sewing experience, the Nurture Nest comes with a pattern on the back of the package to make covers, too! I made one last night and it took 40-ish minutes and about $6.00 of materials (1 1/2 yards fabric and a 14" zipper).

OH! And if you need coupons to Joann Fabrics, I have a few I could email you (for this week's sale). PM me your email address and I'll send 'em over! If I used all the coupons I have, DH would kill me! Haha

Robots are gender neutral, right? Stick out tongue

I'll definitely check this out. I bought that robot fabric a few years ago and made my friend some pillows for her son's room. That fabric makes me smile! 

• Options
    imagewoollypetals:

I saw those at Joann's and was going to get one, but then ended up getting a boppy at my shower. I have been making covers for it though. :) It is so much fun because it seems like all the covers in the store are too cutesy. :)

I also get so many Joann's coupons, but I don't tell my husband when I use them. :)

Do you have a blog? I notice your screen name is ohsewcrafty and was wondering what else you craft? :)

I do have a blog, but its mostly a baby blog and I don't update it nearly as often as I should with the things I've been making! I've got pictures of the nursery and a few other things I've made, but its my goal to put up more tutorial type things soon.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• Options
    OhSewCrafty if you haven't seen it already YGM!
  • Options
    imagelulu3061:

Cute cover!  

I know boys like robots for sure.  I like robots and I'm a girl so...yeah, I think that makes it gender neutral.  Smile 

Thanks! My idea of what is gender neutral goes way beyond green, yellow, and ducks. If we end up with a girl, she'll have lots of robots, puppies, space ships, and other "boy" things. Oh well!

• Options

That's super cute! I love the fabric.

I totally forgot about these. I have a pattern to make one in a baby book I bought, so I should get on that! 

• Options
    That's a great idea! I would love to change out the boppy cover every so often. I bought mine used at a consignment sale and I'm not super in love with the cover, but I haven't seen one in the store either that I just can't go without either. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options

imageChatterboxBride09:
    OhSewCrafty if you haven't seen it already YGM!

Check your email! Enjoy! Smile

• Options
    Potentially stupid question alert:  Do the covers you can make fit the Boppy then too?  Do they sell the pattern separate? 
  • Options

imagekgorman:
    Potentially stupid question alert:  Do the covers you can make fit the Boppy then too?  Do they sell the pattern separate? 

From what I understand, the Nurture Nest is slightly bigger than the Boppy. The cover pattern that comes on the NN's bag fits well, but may be tiny bit big for the Boppy. I've heard that Boppy covers fit the Nurture Nest, just a little snug. Either way, because of its shape, you need to fight with it a little to get the cover on straight! Haha

There are several patterns out there for a "sit up pillow" (they can't call it a Boppy), but I've never tried them. I can only imagine they fit or are pretty close. Here's an example of one by Simplicy.

• Options
    Ok idk if anyone is interested but I have the natural boppy pillow with a chenille pink cover that I never really used w/ my second and now that Im having my third and wont use it I would hate to see it go to waste. if someone wants to pay the.. i think $5-$7 basic shipping from the post office I'd b more then happy to send it for free.
  • Options
    That robot (or ubot as DS calls them...don't ask weird kid) is super cute!! I really want to take a sewing class one day but I'm scared I don't have the patience for it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

imagekgorman:

From what I understand, the Nurture Nest is slightly bigger than the Boppy. The cover pattern that comes on the NN's bag fits well, but may be tiny bit big for the Boppy. I've heard that Boppy covers fit the Nurture Nest, just a little snug. Either way, because of its shape, you need to fight with it a little to get the cover on straight! Haha

There are several patterns out there for a "sit up pillow" (they can't call it a Boppy), but I've never tried them. I can only imagine they fit or are pretty close. Here's an example of one by Simplicy.

Oooh!!  Awesome!!  I'm going to make our guest room my sewing room as soon as it's done.  Thanks for my first projects!!  Squeeee!!
  • Options
    Cute cover! I also bough the Nurture Nest instead of the Boppy and picked up their plush blue cover. With coupons it was like $16 for everything! Now I don't feel as guilty for getting My Brest Friend too. These u-shaped covers are a nightmare though! I really hate putting it on.
  • Options

Damn we don't have a JoAnns fabrics.

I'm sad now. 

• Options
    agh this just makes me wish I could sew!!!  I'm relatively crafty but me and needle and thread don't mesh :(  love the robots!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"