January 2011 Moms
Options

is that the baby pushing into my ribs?

I feel like the baby is possibly pushing up into the right side of my rib cage today.  I feel like I have to keep stretching like there is a knot in there or something, although I haven't felt any kicks.  What has your experience been with baby growing and pushing up into your ribs?
After 4 years of unexplained infertility, IF treatments and 3 losses we have our miracle baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: is that the baby pushing into my ribs?

• Options

For some reason our little guy tries to get as high into my ribs as possible and it's definitely not comfy! I'll feel swift kicks or punches to the ribs occasionally but for me it's more just an uncomfortable feeling in my right ribs (like pressure/pokes and if I slept on my ribs the wrong way).

What helps me is to lift my right arm over my head which lifts my rib cage up and gives the little guy some more room. 

-Meghann Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

well, it definitely could be!

I have only felt him near my ribs once or twice. I did have another weird feeling by my ribcage on my left side though. I noticed it when I could feel him down low in another area, so I hypothesized that it was from the organs shifting. Sounds silly, but I felt like maybe it was my stomach. Sure enough, I got my copy of 'The Birth Partner' and it in there is a diagram of a pregnant woman's anatomy. In it, the stomach is shown near the ribs, under the breast-I totally think that is where mine is because it was the spot I was noticing days earlier. lol!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have felt him in my ribs a few times. Once I could literally feel his butt or his head right underneath there. There was a hard round ball right under there. It was so uncomfortable...I just pushed on the spot until he moved! He seems to move up that way when I'm a passenger in a car, but not while I am driving. Must be something about the way I sit in the seat...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ouch. No but I get the opposite and its still uncomfortable. I feel like he is stretching into the area right above my pubic bone. At our last u/s he was head down so I'm thinking that when he stretches his legs out it pushes his head down hard in my lower belly. I joke that he's "pulling an Alien" and is going to pop out of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"