Multiples
Options

Newbie w/ "diet" questions

Okay~ so I have been reading Dr. Luke's book and I am completely overwhelmed!!  I am 11 weeks with twins and am really wondering how you are or did manage to get in all the calories and all that protein?!!

I have been doing the Ensure drinks and trying to eat healthy, but I am pretty small ( 5'2" and 120 lbs) and all this food feels next to impossible!!  Advice?

Mom of Riley-13, Libby Jaye-11, Maguire-8, Callum & Maggie-7mo Photobucket

Re: Newbie w/ "diet" questions

• Options

Yeah, it was near to impossible for me to follow all of Dr. Luke's recommendations.  This is a breakdown of what I tried to do:

am - Ensure shake, banana, cereal/oatmeal square

am snack - fruit/vegetable and string cheese

lunch - sandwich/frozen lunch/chinese/chipotle + fruit + veggie

pm snack - pretzels + fruit/veggie

dinner - protein + carb (bread, pasta, potato) + veggie

after-dinner snack - ice cream Big Smile

I had a really hard time eating that much, and as I got further along, it was even harder, but I tried to stick to that schedule - the ice cream and protein shakes helped me put on some weight, too.

Good luck!

• Options
    with both of my pregnancies, singleton and twins, I just listened to what my body wanted, and didn't worry about counting calories or protein grams.   I trusted if I needed protein, I would be craving a huge cheeseburger.    I normally have a pretty small appetite, but by the time morning sickness went away and food was appealing again, I shoveled it in, and couldn't stop eating.   And there were times where I craved super healthy foods, but I also ate plenty of ice cream and oreos.    I was way way hungrier when I was pregnant with the twins compared to the first time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"