Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

For those who have weaned...

Was it emotionally difficult for you? How did you deal? I am slowly weaning DD and hope to have her completely weaned by Dec. but I am having major anxiety about it. I know that it is time for us to wean and I know it is the right decision for us but I can't help but feeling sad about missing that closeness. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Re: For those who have weaned...

• Options

Going back to work for me made it hard to continue to breast feed.  I tried to keep up on pumping but it just didn't work.  I really miss it; however, you can still find ways to bond with your DD when bottle feeding.  I still hold my son's hand and I try to keep the TV off or any other distractions so it really is just him and me.  You'll find that there are actions and things that you do that keeps that closeness.  

You'll find your way and Good Luck! 

• Options
    Yes, I struggled with it. There's a ton of pressure on women to breastfeed, and I felt guilty, like I was giving up. I just had to keep reminding myself that DS was formula fed after 4 months, and that my life was so much easier and less stressful after weaning him. And since we're not planning to have any more kids, I was afraid I'd regret not bf'ing longer, since it was my last chance. But once I did it, I was a much happier person. And I don't regret it. And DD is happy and healthy and no worse for wear. Just try not to stress about whatever decision you make. It'll be fine, no matter what you do. I think the deciding is the hardest part. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"