Multiples
Options

Asking for your prayers via candle light tonight

Did you know that in October of 1988 Ronald Reagen proclaimed October as National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month? He said ""When a child loses his parent, they are called an orphan. When a spouse loses her or his partner, they are called a widow or widower. When parents lose their child, their isn't a word to describe them. This month recognizes the loss so many parents experience across the United States and around the world. It is also meant to inform and provide resources for parents who have lost children due to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, stillbirths, birth defects, SIDS, and other causes."

October 15th was soon adopted as the causes official day of remebernce and each year families that have suffered the loss of a child before, during or after birth light a candle to honor their childs memory.

I am, unfortunately, a part of those who have suffered the loss of a child. I was pregnant with twins (as some of you might remember) and on September 21st we were devistated to find out we had lost our Baby B. The baby stoped developing due to chromosone defeciencies 3 weeks prior to that but my love for this baby will never end. The nine short but oh so sweet weeks I had with that baby was an amazing miracle and I am so happy to have been his or her mother.

So I write this now with tears in my eyes and a heart full of love - please be a part of this cause. So many women out there feel so alone when it comes to loosing a baby when in fact it is so common. Each year approximately one million pregnancies end in miscarriage, stillbirth or death of a newborn child. So this year, lets honor all of their memories.

It's a simple request, really. So if you are at home tonight at 7PM, please light a candle and say a little prayer to all the babies in heaven and a prayer for thier families they left behind.

Our sweet Baby B, gone too soon.

The twins only u/s together. Baby B passed just a few days after this u/s.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

Re: Asking for your prayers via candle light tonight

• Options

In loving of my sweet, tiny Baby B. My angel baby in heaven. Mommy, Daddy and your twin miss you and love you oh so much. Tonight we will light a candle especially for you my sweetpea, but know that your life and your love will always shine bright through us and our hearts. I love you so much angel <3

For more information, please visit: https://www.october15th.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options

My candle is burning right now for the baby I lost and for all those who have suffered the pain of losing a baby, infant, or child.

(((Hugs)))

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My candle is burning right now for my sweet angels in heaven who I will love forever & my heart is aching for all those who have suffered such a terrible loss.
    BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a
  • Options
    My candle is lit and I will continue to pray for the babies and for their families. My heart goes out to you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

This is a wonderful post. I lost my twins at 23 weeks. And it feels good to see others remembering my babies, and the babies of other parents who lost them to early.

• Options
    Last night I had 9 candles burning.  One for my angel and 8 others.  If I had seen this post I would have lite one for your angel too.  I think it's important to remember them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"