1st Trimester
Options

Taking Colostrum supplement during pregnancy

Does anyone know why it wouldn't be safe to continue taking a colostrum supplement during pregnancy? I take this to help with immune system/digestive issues & it has worked great in combination with Prilosec for treating my bad acid reflux. My doctor said I should stop taking it, but only told me it was because he hadn't seen any research on it's effects during pregnancy???

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mom to a 16 year old boy too!! 
Me: 36-PCOS DH: 34 All good. TTC #3 since 2/12. IUI's 1st BFN, 2nd  BFP: 9/22/12...M/C 11/6 10wks 1day.....3 more rounds of IUI Feb-April '13 all BFN.
Started taking Femaprin & Milk Thistle Aug '13, then added Metformin Sept '13......Surprise BFP 10/26/13!!!! The first time in 10 years that we got a BFP without infertility treatments!

Re: Taking Colostrum supplement during pregnancy

• Options

If your OB told you that you shouldn't use it during pregnancy than it might be wise to follow his advice especially over the "medical opinion" of people you don't know on the internet. 

I did however do a quick google search and all of the links said the same thing as your doctor.  All of the links recommended that use was to be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding because not enough was known about the side effects/safety.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

If your willing to make your kid a science experiement keep taking it

Hmm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There are a lot of homeopathic options out there that docs will tell you not to take, for one because they know very little about alternative medicine and two because there is such little research.

Personally, I am a big advocate for medicinal and homeopathic treatments, BUT just because there is no negative information out there it doesn't mean that it's safe.  This stuff is researched very little b/c of the way the pharmaceutical companies are set up.

Ask your doctor what you can take instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think you should listen to your doctor. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"