Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

w...t...f.. is wrong with my kid?

I think it may be the dreaded 4 month wakeful....

Maddox has been STTN for the past 3 weeks.  For the past two nights, and tonight, he has slept for the most 2 hours (without waking up) but mostly waking at least some every 45-ish minutes.  The only way I can get him to sleep is in bed with me to hold him.     We did some Ferber at the beginning to get him to sleep, which he did fabulously for.  We're trying it for nighttime wakings, but he's just not buying it.  Every base has been covered...fed, warm, dry, even oragel.  

Is this the 4 month?  He's so freaking cranky during the day, and wont nap good (an hour twice a day tops, he was napping 2 hours in the morning, an hour in after noon).  I can't sleep with him in the bed with me anymore, and he doesn't sleep good either, but the past 2 nights its the only way I can get him to go to sleep.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: w...t...f.. is wrong with my kid?

• Options
    I have no answer, cause Liam isn't there yet - but I just wanted to say, that picture of him in your siggy is so adorable!
    Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sounds like my lil guy too! i am honestly just waiting for him to awaken as we type! all of what you wrote we are experiencing! so glad im  not alone but this is really hard !!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From my reading, the thing about Ferber is the consistency.  If you know he has the ability to self soothe, then he just needs the time to figure out the sleep association.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm no help but I just wanted to say that stinks!!! Hope it passes quickly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like the 4 month wakeful to me :/ The good news is that it DOES end.. you just have to ride it out!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sounds exactly like what Aditya went through at 4 months. It was bad but the worst part only lasted about 2 weeks. He had fewer and fewer bad nights after that. Good luck!
  • Options
    Im glad to hear it does end!!! Now if I could teach him to turn his head to the side when he flops on his stomach to sleep, we'd be in business!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"