Kentucky Babies

Intro & Question

I just found out that DH & I are expecting our first baby in June. I'm 32 so I feel super old for a first time mom. Anyways, my doctors office is with both Central Baptist & St Joseph East (in Lexington).  I was wondering if any of you had any experience or opinions about either of these hospitals.  I know it's early -but I want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row so to speak. Thanks! 

TTC January 2010
BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks

Re: Intro & Question

• First, congratulations to you and your DH! That's awesome news! Though you may feel old for a KY 1st time mom, you're quite young for a New Englander. My SIL is getting married in Dec and starting her family next yr, hopefully, sometime before her 36th b-day. DH is 36 and this is his first. And one of the ladies who does the u/s's at Dr. Campbell's office (St. Joe's E. high risk dr) said she did an u/s for a 48yr old having her first last yr when I told her I felt too old to be having a baby.

Second, I've a lot of friends and aquaintances who are delivering/have delivered at St. Joe E. and they loved it! The staff over there is great, the OB's know their stuff, and the MW's are phenominal women, rumor has it.

• Thanks! I actually live in Winchester.....so that is great stuff to know.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't posted on this board before, but my aunt works at Central Baptist. She actually worked as an OB nurse there, but has recently switched into surgery.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome and congratulations! 

Well, I was born at Central Baptist 25 years ago,, so I might be biased.  :D  My SIL is having her little one there sometime in the near future, possibly as early as Monday. 

When it's all said and done, what matters most is your relationships with other people; without good friends and family, what's the point?
    My Cooking Blog
    My Baby Blog
  • imageMrsJ316:

I haven't posted on this board before, but my aunt works at Central Baptist. She actually worked as an OB nurse there, but has recently switched into surgery.

Whos's your aunt? I actually work in the OR at Central Baptist but Im getting ready to move to Labor and Deliver...how crazy is that!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you going to Lexington Womens Health-Dr. Cunningham, Dr. Onan...? Thats who I am going to and they have privileges at both hospitals. I currently work at CB in the OR and I am getting ready to move to Labor and Delivery so I am biased also. But, I say that and the reason I chose Lexington Womens Health is the fact that I could also deliver at SJE if I want to. I chose them before I found out I got the position in labor and delivery just in case I did so that I would be able to deliver at SJE. I just dont think I would want to deliver at the place I work with and have all my fellow co-workers deliver my baby (I just wouldn't be very comfortable). If I hadn't gotten the job....hands down I would have gone to CB!

If you are going there...have you had your first appt? Mine is Nov. 4th with Dr. Cunningham and I will be about 9 weeks!

• imagejs748899:

Are you going to Lexington Womens Health-Dr. Cunningham, Dr. Onan...? Thats who I am going to and they have privileges at both hospitals. I currently work at CB in the OR and I am getting ready to move to Labor and Delivery so I am biased also. But, I say that and the reason I chose Lexington Womens Health is the fact that I could also deliver at SJE if I want to. I chose them before I found out I got the position in labor and delivery just in case I did so that I would be able to deliver at SJE. I just dont think I would want to deliver at the place I work with and have all my fellow co-workers deliver my baby (I just wouldn't be very comfortable). If I hadn't gotten the job....hands down I would have gone to CB!

If you are going there...have you had your first appt? Mine is Nov. 4th with Dr. Cunningham and I will be about 9 weeks!

I am seeing Dr ONan-although they have just had me coming in for labs.  I had one Tuesday to confirm my pregnancy & I had to do another one Friday.  I am not sure when my first appt is.  I am hypothyroid-so I do have an appt at KDE for November 3rd to test that.  They were really in a hurry (there) to see me when I called them.

TTC January 2010
  • imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:

Are you going to Lexington Womens Health-Dr. Cunningham, Dr. Onan...? Thats who I am going to and they have privileges at both hospitals. I currently work at CB in the OR and I am getting ready to move to Labor and Delivery so I am biased also. But, I say that and the reason I chose Lexington Womens Health is the fact that I could also deliver at SJE if I want to. I chose them before I found out I got the position in labor and delivery just in case I did so that I would be able to deliver at SJE. I just dont think I would want to deliver at the place I work with and have all my fellow co-workers deliver my baby (I just wouldn't be very comfortable). If I hadn't gotten the job....hands down I would have gone to CB!

I am seeing Dr ONan-although they have just had me coming in for labs.  I had one Tuesday to confirm my pregnancy & I had to do another one Friday.  I am not sure when my first appt is.  I am hypothyroid-so I do have an appt at KDE for November 3rd to test that.  They were really in a hurry (there) to see me when I called them.

Thats who I wanted to see was Dr. Onan but she was really busy they said. They didn't have me come in at all to do labs or confirm...just set up my first appt. I wonder how come they did that with me and had you come in? I hate having to wait this long...it just makes me nervous!  I do know several people that have gone to them and really like their practice Big Smile

• imagejs748899:
    imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:

Thats who I wanted to see was Dr. Onan but she was really busy they said. They didn't have me come in at all to do labs or confirm...just set up my first appt. I wonder how come they did that with me and had you come in? I hate having to wait this long...it just makes me nervous!  I do know several people that have gone to them and really like their practice Big Smile

I actually had been having some issues prior to getting pregnant (wonky cycles & short LPs) as well as hashimoto's (hypo)thyroiditis...so that may have been why they had me come in.  I actually was kinda shocked when I got a positive result because the cycle before my BFP I had had just a 5 day LP & was looking into starting progesterone next month. I guess I didn't need it....lol.  She actually had wanted me to wait until the one year point (Jan) to do anything because everything else looked good. I guess she was right.

TTC January 2010
  • imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:
    imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:

I actually had been having some issues prior to getting pregnant (wonky cycles & short LPs) as well as hashimoto's (hypo)thyroiditis...so that may have been why they had me come in.  I actually was kinda shocked when I got a positive result because the cycle before my BFP I had had just a 5 day LP & was looking into starting progesterone next month. I guess I didn't need it....lol.  She actually had wanted me to wait until the one year point (Jan) to do anything because everything else looked good. I guess she was right.

Im glad you didnt have to wait...Yay! I'll have to let you know how my first appt goes on the 4th!

• imagejs748899:
    imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:
    imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:

Im glad you didnt have to wait...Yay! I'll have to let you know how my first appt goes on the 4th!

Let me now how it goes.  You got in fast!! I do have to wait for an appt until the 23rd of November!!! I'll be 11 weeks & it's actually a horrible week for my job...so I am not sure what to do.  I could get in with a nurse earlier (at 8 or 9 weeks & then see Dr ONan on the following appts) but its not my first choice since I am working with an endo as well.

TTC January 2010
  • imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:
    imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:
    imagebethanyreese:
    imagejs748899:

Let me now how it goes.  You got in fast!! I do have to wait for an appt until the 23rd of November!!! I'll be 11 weeks & it's actually a horrible week for my job...so I am not sure what to do.  I could get in with a nurse earlier (at 8 or 9 weeks & then see Dr ONan on the following appts) but its not my first choice since I am working with an endo as well.

I guess I broke down this morning & my first appt will be with one of the nurse midwifes-Stacey Satchwell at about 9 weeks.  It is on a Friday (but not the week of Thanksgiving) so I won't have to field work calls from the drs office.  I guess I can go back to Dr ONan after the first appt-but all first drs appts are booked out for the month with her & the other drs. I guess the first appt takes forever. I'm a little confused as why they didn't schedule me last week when they confirmed the pregnancy. Anyways,what do you know about her?

TTC January 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"