Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Bedsharing mamas...

How do you deal with people telling you that you will kill your baby by bedsharing? I posted a pic on FB of me laying next to my sleeping baby, in my bed, with no pillows, no blankets, etc. and someone said, "You need to put him in a crib, or you will kill him." I was like, OMG, are you serious???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedsharing mamas...

• Options
    Wow. I can't believe someone would say that. I guess I generally don't put out there anything that can be criticized because I just don't like to have to defend myself. But, putting a picture out there like that really wouldn't be.. I mean, you could have been posing or whatever. Honestly, I am not sure what I would say. I think I would at least erase their comment from my FB... and maybe send a message defending yourself offline? As you can tell, I don't like confrontation. Hopefully others will have better answers than me Smile . I will be curious to see what others suggestions are. 

• Options
    I have never had anyone say anything like that to me.. the only comments I have ever got is that I am going to spoil him. I would probably tell who ever it was that I was taking as many precautions as possible or I would just ignore them all together and erase the comment.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never had anyone tell me I was going to kill DD by bedsharing; that's just bizarre. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have some people who say negative things to me about bedsharing as well( nothing that horrible though ) I just ignore them( as hard as it might be) because I know I take all precautions and Im doing what is right for my family.
  • Options
    imageBrittany373:
    I have some people who say negative things to me about bedsharing as well( nothing that horrible though ) I just ignore them( as hard as it might be) because I know I take all precautions and Im doing what is right for my family.
    This. It's really none of their business!
  • Options
    I must be a huge witch with a capital B because I would not ignore that comment! I would make sure that I responded with links to articles/websites that support co-sleeping and then several articles/websites where children have passed from being left in a crib alone! Then I would make sure that I told whoever it was that what I do with my children is none of there business and then I would delete this person from my Facebook page! Sorry this just really struck a nerve with this co-sleeping momma!
  • Options
    I usually don't tell people unless we are close to them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetothemaxx04:
    I must be a huge witch with a capital B because I would not ignore that comment! I would make sure that I responded with links to articles/websites that support co-sleeping and then several articles/websites where children have passed from being left in a crib alone!Then I would make sure that I told whoever it was that what I do with my children is none of there business and then I would delete this person from my Facebook page!Sorry this just really struck a nerve with this co-sleeping momma!
    This. I would add "keep your ignorant, misinformed comments to yourself"
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options
    I say, I'm the mom and I decide what my baby does :-)  I've mostly had people tell me that my kid will never sleep in her own bed.  I'm not worried in the least.
  • Options

The only time that we've been told this is when his first pedi asked where he slept at a couple days old and we said mainly with us. Then she said we were going to kill him and all that jazz. I just said whatever. His new pedi hasn't cared or asked where he sleeps. He used to just ask the position, back or side. 

I would tell that person to educate themselves a little bit. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"