Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

is it bad to use oragel?

I thought I read that on here once before, but a topical numbing ointment seems to make the most sense to treat teething pain.  For us, the teething rings, sophie, etc. will only be used for a while and then the pain comes back.  I was going to pick up oragel, but not if it is bad for my LO.

Re: is it bad to use oragel?

• Options
    We use baby orajel for Spencer. They come in q-tips that already have orajel in them. I like them because I can get it right in the painful area without his whole mouth getting numb.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Erica & Justin
    Parents of Ethan-4 Spencer-1 Peyton-3months
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had heard that although it will stop current pain temporarily it toughens the gums. I dont know if thats true or not but I know I heard that somewhere.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is, because with all the saliva during teething, LO's end up swallowing more of it than stays on their gums. And it numbs the back of their throats instead of their gums--which can cause feeding problems. My pedi doesn't recommend it.

ETA: We use Hyland's teething tablets instead. They seem to really help. GL!

• Options
    My Ped told me specifically not to use it, she said that it can numb the back of their throats and cause them to choke...
    Canon 60D: Canon 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"