Military Families
Options

Is it just my DH's unit...

or is the whole military not writing down prescriptions that are being taken at the time of a drug test? It doesn't seem right. DH had his tonsils out and was taking like 3 different RXs and the person giving the drug test they didn't need to write them down anymore. Needless to say DH had to submit his medical records to the medical board because they wouldn't write down he was taking meds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it just my DH's unit...

• Options
    I know personally when I am drug tested I am not to tell them if I am on any prescriptions.  If my drug test comes up "hot", I go before a board with proof of the medication.  They can also tell in the sample whether it is an illegal substance or if the amounts of prescription drugs are to be alarming (as in abuse). 
  • Options

imagebuttrflychic05:
    I know personally when I am drug tested I am not to tell them if I am on any prescriptions.  If my drug test comes up "hot", I go before a board with proof of the medication.  They can also tell in the sample whether it is an illegal substance or if the amounts of prescription drugs are to be alarming (as in abuse). 

Ok, that answers my question. His drug test did come up "hot" but, we know it was the meds he was on. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a little different for me ( in the USCG). When we get drug tested we don't have to write down what we are taking, but you can write "see medical record" if you'd like to. Either way it doesn't matter bc if we pop for anything they will pull our medical record before they waste time questioning us. It's not a big deal. I think they stopped asking us to write down what we were taking bc it's a privacy issue and I  it conflicts with HIPAA. 
  • Options
    What you are describing is normal practice for UAs.
  • Options

My husband knows a few guys who have had to go up to boards and all that jaz.
    Thus is the reason we avoid him taking anything that could pop positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"