Pre-School and Daycare

rec your playroom storage solutions

We are moving into a new house in a month and I'm looking for some ideas to keep the new playroom (which is a really large space)  neat and organized.  Right now we just use bins and a toy box but my daughter who is only 2 can't reach the bottom, like most kids, so she gets frustrated. 

Just wondering what others do, and what units work.

TIA for your suggestions!

Re: rec your playroom storage solutions

• ikea!!!

https://thisyearslovewilllast.blogspot.com/2009/10/gameroom.html

old pic but something like that

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Ditto Ikea.

See the black unit in Punk's pictures?

We have something similar but they go all the way to the ceiling.

We have 3 units that go all the way around the room including one that has a space for a flat screen.

We use the matching fabric buckets too.

They're labeled with photos of what's inside as well as the word spelled out.

Ikea can't be beat for play room storage!

We don't have one out here and I made my Mom drive pieces out all the way from Texas to Colorado! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • #6#6 member

We dont have a play room but we use the  itso storage cubes from Target.  I like them because you can build them however you want.  They can get $$ though depending on what you buy.  I bought each of my kids 3 and stack them 3 high, 3 across so its a 9 cube deal all toghether.  The bottom one has a large fabric bucket/bin/box in it.  The middle one has a small fabric box and a shelf.  (the shelf is in the middle and the box is a half size box if that makes sense)  The top one is open but has a door.  I may add a shelf to that one but not sure.  We bought the feet to go under the bottom 3 so its off the ground.  They all snap together with special pegs that come with each cube.  Everything is sold separately so it can get $$ but I really like how I can switch it up, break the pieces apart later if we need to or add to it even.  :)   

The smaller half size boxes are great for small toys, pieces so they dont get lost in the larger toy boxes.  Im slowly teaching my kids how to organize their toys so they can find them easily next time.   

• We have a tall bookcase in the closer of the playroom where we store everything. I lock the closet and DS asks for things each day. (There are some toys left out... just not all of them.)
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • toy boxes pretty much suck- things on the bottom are never played with - hard to find, etc.

shelves are best for toy storage - from a "teacher" perspective.

We got the Ikea Expedit shelving - the biggest one - and we LOVE it.  We have a few baskets in it - and some shelves are open.  it's amazing.

• Yup, like most of the rest, we have IKEA.  We have almost the exact same cube-thingy as Punk but in white instead of black.  We have clear-ish bins that they sell at IKEA so you can see them.  The bottom two rows or so are bins and the top two are cubbies.  It works great!  I have another one for my office in blank with cute bins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"