Multiples
Options

"big" u/s, anyone get called to come back?

So, we had our 20w u/s last friday and everything was fine.  I just got a call from the imaging place and they said the radiologist requested I come back.  Of course the person calling me had absolutley no helpful information as to why.  So I called back to speak to someone else and the notes just said that the radiologist didn't get enough images of Twin A's heart.  So, yeah I'm freaking out.

Is this common, for them not to get everything they need and ask you to come back?

BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a

Re: &amp;quot;big&amp;quot; u/s, anyone get called to come back?

• Options
    When I had mine the Ultrasound Tech knew right then that she was unable to get views of all of Baby B's heart, So I had to go back and it actually took 2 more times to get views of all valves and chambers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, it's normal.  For mine, my tech wasn't able to get a great picture of the 4 separate chambers of one of their hearts because they were moving around so much.  She got pictures of it, just not a very clear one.  The peri looked over everything while I was still there, and said that nothing she could see was wrong, but I was going to have to come back to try and get a better picture of the chambers.  I had to come back in 2 weeks for a cervical check anyway, so she said we could just get the heart pics then.  Everything was fine.

I would try not to worry.  The tech probably either missed a picture somewhere on the loooooong list of things they need to capture, or something wasn't clear enough to make the doctor happy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok, this helps.  THANK YOU!

BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a
  • Options
    We didn't have to go back in but the Tech had to get the doctor to come in and take a look (freaked me out too) b/c they couldn't see all the chambers or something. He looked for like 10 minutes and atill had problems. I think it can just be really hard to see all of the heart depending on the position. If they were worried about something, they would have had a doctor call you.
  • Options
    We had to go back to get better pics of our little man's heart. He just wouldn't get in the right positions for them! Everything turned out fine.
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me. Why they can't be honest from the beginning and just say that nothing is wrong, they just did not get clear pictures is beyond me. I worried for nothing.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageAmberB711:
    When I had mine the Ultrasound Tech knew right then that she was unable to get views of all of Baby B's heart, So I had to go back and it actually took 2 more times to get views of all valves and chambers.

Ditto this. I had to go back for at least 3 or 4 different measurements they weren't able to get the first time--one baby's heart, one baby's femur and I forget what the others were. The boys were just in a bad position that day and it was hard to get them all. They did find spots on Baby B's heart (echogenic foci) so they sent me for a fetal echocardiogram.  Everything checked out fine though.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I have had 3 big ultrasounds meaning every 4 weeks in radiology, I have been called back for each one for more images.
  • Options
    Yes.  They did say 3 times on the machine when they left the message that nothing was wrong though, because they knew I'd freak out!  I loved my u/s tech.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"