Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

When did DS start holding things?

I'm wondering when he will start to try to hold his own bottle.  He grabs my fingers now but isn't holding anything on his own yet.

Re: When did DS start holding things?

• Options
    DS started to get the hang of really holding on to things around month 4 or 5.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

My DS has been holding things for about 2 months. He can hold his bottle but generally chooses not to. He only holds it for himself maybe once each day or two. Even then I can't trust him with it.

Sippy cups are a whole different ballgame. He'll hold those on his own.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageblissfully_caffeinated:

My DS has been holding things for about 2 months. He can hold his bottle but generally chooses not to. He only holds it for himself maybe once each day or two. Even then I can't trust him with it.

Sippy cups are a whole different ballgame. He'll hold those on his own.

So we should almost be there...

• Options
    I'd say in the last couple weeks she's started holding more things... just yesterday she held my boob the entire time I was nursing her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She started grasping things early on (shortly before 3 months old) and started trying to hold onto her own bottle at around 3.5 months.  At 5 months she has perfected her bottle-holding technique and does it all the time now....to the point where she won't let go after she's done eating. 
  • Options
    He is grabbing onto things all the time, but he's just now getting the hang of the bottle.  I hold it and he'll grab onto it too.  If I pull it away, he will pull it back into his mouth.  We're getting there.  We use tommee tippee bottles and I think since they're short and fat, they're actually easier for him to hold up.  I used a longer thin bottle at my SIL's house and he couldn't keep the bottle up high enough.
  • Options
    DD has been grabbing, holding, and reaching for things since she was about 8-9 weeks old.  I was just noticing the other day (14 weeks) how great she's doing at using her fingers to pick up things, even things as small as a game piece... we'd better watch out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"