Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

For those with a convertible car seat...

Is it a pain to take out/put in?  My SIL watches DS.  Right now, she has a base so that she can still run errands w/ DS.  This is really important since she has 2 of her own kids that have after school activities that she needs to take them to before we get there.

We're going to need to move DS to a convertible seat soon (before Christmas, I'm sure).  We can't afford to buy 2 new seats just so she can have one in her car but I also hate the idea of having to take the seat out each morning & reintalling it each evening (esp since the weather is going to get crappy & it'll be dark in the morning/evenings soon).

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12

Re: For those with a convertible car seat...

• Options
    It's really not that hard to get in and out of the car... we take DS out all the time.  You should be fine (though I'm sure it will get annoying very fast if you have to do it everyday.)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

Thanks ^_^.  She never knows what she'll be doing that day so we probably will need to leave the car seat every day (blah). 

As it is, I had to end up buying her a stroller (thank goodness for consignment sales!).  She wanted to take DS for walks but didn't like the small travel size stroller we gave her to use & I was tired of lugging a stroller from my IL's house to her house a few times a week!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we aren't in the convertible yet, but i see a lot of recommendations for the cosco scerena for a 2nd seat like in your situation.  you can get them for under $50, its just a pretty basic seat from what i understand.  IMO, if you having to leave a seat with her every day, $50 for her to have her own would be well worth it.
    DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • Options

imagejust.a.lurker:
    we aren't in the convertible yet, but i see a lot of recommendations for the cosco scerena for a 2nd seat like in your situation.  you can get them for under $50, its just a pretty basic seat from what i understand.  IMO, if you having to leave a seat with her every day, $50 for her to have her own would be well worth it.

Thanks!  I'll have to look into that one ^_^

• Options
    Ditto the inexpensive second seat. A lot of areas have a free or low cost car seat program. I found one in my town through Google.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"