Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

I WANT TO AVOID DEPRESSION! HELP!

I'm 34 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I'm home alone all day because my hubby works and I absolutely hate being alone. It's extremely hard to sleep at night, so I do most of my sleeping during the day since I have nothing else to do. I couldn't continue school this semester because of financial issues and that has broughten me down so much. I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment with no TV. Not only that, I don't have a car either since my hubby takes it to work. I don't want to let depression kick in. This is my first pregnancy and I just wish the weeks could pass by quicker and my little one could keep me company already. What would you do if you were in my shoes? How would you keep yourself entertained? HELP! :)

Re: I WANT TO AVOID DEPRESSION! HELP!

• oh man - the last few weeks are so hard sometimes.  You can't sleep, you can't eat...it is horrible.

well...you could always troll some of the boards and stir up the other mommies, that is always entertaining.  Devil

• I would talk to your doctor about this, since you're starting to feel the symptoms now.  Now that the weather is better, can you get out and walk around your apartment?  You will need to schedule some activities to do with your baby, even if its just inside your apartment... 

-Go to the library on a weekend when you can take the car and check out some books... when baby comes, check out 10 or 15 baby books and then check some out for yourself.  Schedule in some time to read 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes in the afternoon.

-Schedule in some music time for baby and you - just put something on, lay baby on his/her back and sing to her - move her arms, legs, feet, etc. 

-Make a call list - every day, call two people you want to keep in touch with... on Monday, call your mom and MIL.  Tuesday, your best friend.  Wednesday, ____, Etc.

-Take up a hobby - scrapbooking, crochet, baking, canning stuff to give as Christmas presents (salsa, jam, etc)

-Start Christmas shopping now in the evenings and on weekends and then spend some time during the day wrapping presents. 

If you can be diligent, you can schedule your day to keep yourself and your mind active.  I was in the same boat when DD was born - I did have a car, but it was icy and snowy for 3 months where we lived and she was a newborn, so going for walks was out of the question.  I had to have groceries delivered and there were days that the only daylight I saw was through the window - it was hard, but I just wrote out my daily schedule and tried to adhere to it as best as I could.  Now looking back, I think of those days so fondly because it was just me and DD until DH got home - then it was sweet moments with the three of us learning how to be parents.  You can do it.  You just have to make it happen.  :) 

• Loading the player...
  • "WINTER*MOMMY" you are the best. That really helped a lot! Thanks so much :)
  • JCMJCM member

I think the PP are a great idea; however, can I ask why you don't have a TV?  If it's financial I would see about getting a used one.  I sometimes use it for "company" so I don't feel alone with LO all the time.  I don't have it on 24/7 but I love to have the Today Show in the background in the morning and it also helps me feel connected to current events and of course the fun stuff they also have on.  MY DH travels about 3-4 days/nights per week so there are many days in a row without him.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"