Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Does a 99.3 temp (from armpit) earn her some motrin @ bedtime?

posted a few days ago for some teething tips. We've been doing it all it seems but giving Motrin because she hasn't had a fever yet. Just cranky at times and waking a lot at night. Well I thought she felt warm and just now I took her temp in her armpit. 99.3  Does that earn her some motrin before bedtime do you think?  WWYD???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does a 99.3 temp (from armpit) earn her some motrin @ bedtime?

• Options
    I don't think I'd give it unless she seems to be in pain.  She may be fighting something off and lowering a low grade fever isn't a good idea.  Tried orajel or teething drops?
  • Options
    For my DD no. I think a nurse told us that 99.1 is normal for babies. I took DD into the doc because I thought she was a little warm and had a runny nose and such...pretty much the doc diagnosed us with perfect health...I was worried DD had an ear infection but she was fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told that you needed to add 1 degree for an armpit temp...so her temperature is actually 100.3. Were it my daughter, at your DD's age, I would probably give half a dose.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    As pp said, you add a degree when taking a temp in the armpit. Our ped said you should treat a temp of 100.4 and above. So I'd give her something.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

imageshotzie:
    As pp said, you add a degree when taking a temp in the armpit. Our ped said you should treat a temp of 100.4 and above. So I'd give her something.

THIS

PLus flame me but if you have aches, pains or a headache do you take something our tough it out? Why would you make your child suffer?!

• Options

A LOW grade fever is actually a pretty good thing for the body.  I wouldn't give it unless it climbed over 100

ETA: I forgot that you ad 1 to an armpit temp so she is over 100.  Yeah, I'd probably give her a little.  .08 instead of .16

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Pedi said I can give DS motrin every night if he's teething (as long as I follow dosing instructions). Like pp said, I take tylenol or something if I am in pain, and I know for a fact DS is because about 45 min after I give it to him back to his normal self (for the most part). That and he is able to sleep so much better if you take the edge off. I have no clue about the fever part, just the teething/motrin:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"