Multiples
Options

Weight Gain Norms with twin Pregnancy?

I'm just curious what is the normal weight gain range? I'm average weight, not under or over. I want to gain enough, but not too much. Thx a lot!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight Gain Norms with twin Pregnancy?

• Options
    My RE said 40-45. I gained about 42.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm really short (4'10'') and my OB wanted me to gain 35-50 lbs.  I managed to hit the 35 lbs gained at 35w6d, and delivered the next day. 
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Dr. Luke now recommends 37-54 lbs if you start out normal weight. In her book I think she says 40-56 so she's just altered it slightly. (I started out at my ideal weight and gained 54 lbs. I made it to 37w6d and my babies were 6.10 and 6.7.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I gained 75 lbs (started off pretty average).  I don't think I was normal.  My doctor never said anything about my weight gain though.  I delivered at 38w1d (7lb 4 oz and 6lb 15oz).  AT 3.5 months I've lost all but 8 lbs without really exercising.  I think it will take some work to lose these last lbs though.   
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

ive heard anywhere between 35-60 depending on your starting weight.  i started at 150 and im (5'6" - was working out LOSING weight). Found out i was pg and it all went downhill.  ive gained 60 already and im 26 wks.  im told i dont look pg from behind though (i think its my family being nice) and im being watched closely for GD, im addicted to ice cream...i have a problem. lol.  Sad thing is I really dont feel like im eating THAT much more, my excuse is that im retaining more water.

Just eat when youre hungry but eat GOOD....its so much easier said then done, especially when you have a DH who likes to cook with butter.  ;)

I also think everyones different.  Both of my sisters with both their singleton pregnancies gained 50-60 lbs each...(they're 5'10") and they both had HUGE babies and bounced right back.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLakeGenevaBride:
    I gained 75 lbs (started off pretty average).  I don't think I was normal.  My doctor never said anything about my weight gain though.  I delivered at 38w1d (7lb 4 oz and 6lb 15oz).  AT 3.5 months I've lost all but 8 lbs without really exercising.  I think it will take some work to lose these last lbs though.   

my kinda lady!!! nice work!

• Options
    My doctor said that I would gain 30 lbs.  Im a little overweight to begin with.  If you go by my pre -pg weight, Im at 5-7 gain.  Ive gained 10 over my lowest weight.  I am so frusterated by this.  I have GD so I cant eat a lot of carbs, I would love to bury my face in a huge bowl of ice cream and wash it down with a frosty glass of whole mlik , but just thinking about it makes my blood sugar go up.
  • Options

My starting weight was 125 lb pre IVF. At ET I was up to 130 lb so that's what I'm using as pre-pg weight. So far I'm up about 25lb. My ob wants me to gain about 45-50 lb total so since I'm halfway I think I'm on track.

I'm of the school of thought that your body will gain what it needs to/wants to and as long as you are eating what you can when you can and trying to hit nutrient/food groups for the day you are fine.

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    I gained 48.  My OB wanted me to gain between 35-45.
  • Options
    I was overweight when I got pregnant, gained 35lbs during my pregnancy, and lost it all by my 2w post partum OB appt. My OB was happy with my weight gain, and I was thrilled that it melted off afterwards.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thx everyone for sharing your information. I go to my regular OBGYN this week. I have a ton of questions for him. Weight gain being one of them. I had major back surgery a year and a half ago. My spine surgeon said I could get pregnant again and said I could let my RE put in 2 embryos. LOL I'm just a little nervous now. I guess it's to be expected:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i was borderline underweight and gained 35 (for some reason i lost weight in the 3rd trimester).  but i drank ensures, ate very healthy (didnt count cals or anything) and had healthy babies.  IMO, the focus should be what you put in your body, not what the number says on the scale. 
  • Options
    I gained 55lbs with my singleton! Hopefully I stay in the same range with twins.
    Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I gained 33, walked out of the hospital with 3lbs to lose.. im also normal weight... everyone is different, keep that in mind!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    45 lbs, I gained 50 and delivered at 37 weeks
  • Options

I gained 48lbs and delivered at 33w4d.  I'd been on bedrest for a long time, and did alot of eating.  At the end I was gaining at least 2lbs/wk...so if I'd made it to 38wks I for sure would've gone over 50.

FWIW, I also started out average... I think my bmi was 19.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was slightly overweight pre-pregnancy. As of last week October 6th, I have gained 22 1/2 lbs and my doctor says I am gaining the normal amount of weight. I ask this at every appointment because I feel *HUGE*, but she keeps saying normal so I'm rolling with it Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"