December 2010 Moms
Options

DIY Closet Dividers

??  I know I saw a slew of posts a little while back about DIY closet dividers.  I'm sure I could figure it out when I go to the store, but does anyone have tips or how to's?  I'm going to use cute scrapbook paper and modpodge I think...but the bigger question is, what does one use for the actual divider portion?

TIA!

Re: DIY Closet Dividers

• Options
    I'm going to use door knob hangers...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They have the wooden doorknob hangers at Hobby Lobby (or Michaels).  I painted mine...  You can cut a slit in the wood to get them over your closet pole.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I would have thought of this yesterday when I was at Michaels, this would be a great DIY project to keep me occupied! 
  • Options

I used the wood door hangers from Michael's. Since I have wire shelving and not a rod, I am using ribbon to attach them to the shelf.

I didn't sand the hangers first and really wish I would have before painting. I did use mod podge to adhere the decorations, but only to the underside of the paper. I was afraid it would be to sticky and I was too cheap to buy a sealant. They look very homemade, but I'm going for a vintage girlie feel in the nursery, so it actually works.

Here is the link to the ones I made.... 

https://crystaljohnson.blogspot.com/2010/09/feeling-like-martha.html

• Options

I did them! They were incredibly simple. Here are directions I posted on another site:

Supplies:

-6 wooden oval picture frames from Michaels ($1.00 each - you could do letters too, but I liked these better and they were cheaper)

-Scrapbook paper

-Exacto knife

-Spray glue

-Stickers

I took the metal hinges out of the frame and sprayed the top of the frame with the spray glue. Then put it face down on a piece of scrapbook paper (that was on the blank side). I trimmed the paper down and then used the exacto knife to cut around the outside and inside of the frame. I used stickers (also from Michaels) to label the dividers. In our closet, there is a bar that can be taken off, so I was able to get one side off, slide the divider on, and then put the bar back on. If you didn't have something like that, you could always use a ribbon to tie it.

There is a link to my blog in my siggy in case you want to see a picture (I have never been able to figure out posting pictures here)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options

Never mine - I read someone's directions and figured it out :)

My little man at 0-1-2

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options

i did these. 

1. 6 wood door hangers (hobby lobby)

2.  i used different paper i liked from the paper aisle at hobby lobby

3.  traced wood hangers x2 onto large paper chosen (including circle part)

4.  cut out paper

5.  used mod podge semi-gloss glue to glue paper onto both sides, then on one side, used mod podge over the whole thing...

6.  let it dry on one side, then repeat step 5 on the other side, using mod podge glue over the entire thing.

7.  then i got foam stickers and put :  0-3 months, 3-6 months, etc.

on the front and backs of the wood hangers.

let them dry for a few hours and they're ready to use.

GL 

• Options
    imagemaryellen21:

I did them! They were incredibly simple. Here are directions I posted on another site:

Supplies:

-6 wooden oval picture frames from Michaels ($1.00 each - you could do letters too, but I liked these better and they were cheaper)

-Scrapbook paper

-Exacto knife

-Spray glue

-Stickers

I took the metal hinges out of the frame and sprayed the top of the frame with the spray glue. Then put it face down on a piece of scrapbook paper (that was on the blank side). I trimmed the paper down and then used the exacto knife to cut around the outside and inside of the frame. I used stickers (also from Michaels) to label the dividers. In our closet, there is a bar that can be taken off, so I was able to get one side off, slide the divider on, and then put the bar back on. If you didn't have something like that, you could always use a ribbon to tie it.

There is a link to my blog in my siggy in case you want to see a picture (I have never been able to figure out posting pictures here)

I LOVE THESE!  Off to Michaels :)

• Options

All the posted Closet Dividers are so cute and unique.  

I'm sorry about the lack of light, but I posted a picture below of the Dividers I made.  I had the white dividers from a previous project.  I went to Michaels and bought some stickers and ribbons and just stuck them on there. I did both the front and back sides of the dividers. 

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is about" photo theboys_zps97f6caa3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I talked about doing this too, but my DH said "good luck" which pretty much means he doesnt plan on checking sizes before he puts them back in the closet. I am blessed to have a husband who helps out with most the laundry so I can't really complain.....but how can I get him on board. It would make life so much easier!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"