South Florida Babies

Excited and nervous.. (NBR)

When I started working at my current place, I had just been downsized and I took it because I just didn't want to be without a job. It started as more of a research/analyst role and as the co has changed and merged I am more of an associate on a team. And I don't care for it too much, its just not what I want to be doing.

I was approached yesterday and asked if I would be willing to take the steps to take on a much different role. (ie HUGE promotion) There are about 5 more licensing requirements that I would have to get and that would take me at least 6 months.

So while I am excited about the opportunity it would really take me away from the field I used to work in(not here). And Im a bit nervous about the time it might take me away from my family.

I definitely want to be challenged and this would do it so I think Im going to go for it but just a bit nervous with all the work it will entail.

Guess Im not really looking for advice but just needed to get this out.. LOL

Thanks

Re: Excited and nervous.. (NBR)

• Well congrats for even being considered!  That is awesome.  If you move forward with the new position, gl with the licensing requirements.  Hope it all works out for you!  : )
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • First off, congratulations for being considered for the promotion. It really says a lot and shows that the company really thinks of you as an asset. So big kudos to you :)

As far as your concerns, will the licensing requirements take you away from the kids and the family (studying, etc), or the entire position in general? I think being happy with your job and loving what you do is important, so that's something that I'd consider too.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageUMwife:

As far as your concerns, will the licensing requirements take you away from the kids and the family (studying, etc), or the entire position in general? I think being happy with your job and loving what you do is important, so that's something that I'd consider too.  

The studying I can do some at work and yes the rest would be at home.  That is just short term.  But yes I worry about the work load and how much it will entail.  Also the individual that approached me knows that I have 2 almost 3 young children and knows I want to be home with them.  So that is the only reason I am considering.

• If you want to stay at home, and this new position is going to give you the opportunity to do so or at least give you a more flexible schedule, then I say go for it. I know it's not exactly what you'd like to be doing, but it's something in the mean time. And eventually, you're *it* job will come back around. 
  • Congratulations on the promotion! I agree with the other ladies. It's important to be happy with your job. this sounds like a big opportunity for you though. you may feel more comfortable making the decision by asking what the job entails. good luck with training!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"